Menu

Favorite Botany Resources?

I am looking for some resources to either pull together my own Botany unit, or a pre-packaged unit appropriate for grades 5-7. I've checked out Apologia's curriculum, but hadn't planned to spend a full year on the subject. Can anyone recommend any favorite resources?

Also, if anyone's familiar with any good books/resources [for kids] about herbs, that would be great. We'll be planting a medieval herb garden as a special project. Thanks!

We haven't used it yet but I love the looks of Kym Wright's Botany Adventure. You would need other resource books to go with it but it includes all of the lesson plans and labs for a hands-on approach to botany. We will be using it next year for 5th and 7th after completing her Microscope Adventure. I have the Apologia Botany and God's Design for Life Science Botany books to use as reference. My 12yo is anxious to get started with these books. You can check them out at Rainbow Resource.

Corn and Beans and Radishes. TOPS books are all experiments with mostly household items being used. I remember we planted things and charted their growth - grew plants in light and darkness, different temps, upside down and right side up.... It was very hands on and fun. Mostly we needed some seeds, a few egg cartons, a little soil...

I would highly recommend them