Menu

Would you rec. any of these movies for 6 yr olds?

These free movies are being offered at our theater. I don't have a clue whether they're appropriate for a six year old.

Can you give me your thoughts?

TIA!

Alicia

Doogal

Madagascar 2 -- Escape to Africa

Journey to the center of the earth

Kit Keddridge: American Girl

Igor

Pirates who don't do anything: veggie tales movie

Bee movie

Surf's Up

Hotel for Dogs

Kung Fu Panda

Doogal

Igor

Bee movie

Surf's Up

Hotel for Dogs

Kung Fu Panda

You don't really mention how conservative you are in your movie choices normally, or how sensitive your dc is.

I liked Madagascar 2, but there was potty humor in it and some sexual inuendo that the kids didn't pick up on. I'd say no to Journey to the center of the Earth b/c of some scary scenes. Kit was good, but there is some social commentary about "hobos" and social classes, also some drinking and talk of losing their home. A little serious but my older dd (8) LOVED it. Can't miss with a Veggie Tales! Bee Movie too, I thought was cute and funny. Just saw Hotel for Dogs and the kids are doing illegal things, but supposedly they are driven to it by bad treatment, so no real lesson there. The dogs are cute but it's more for slightly older IMO. We all loved Kung Fu Panda! Some potty humor and violence though.

You can read on www.pluggedinonline.com for more indepth reviews specific to Christian content if that's your concern.

HTH!

My 5 & 7 yo have seen these:

Madagascar 2 -- Escape to Africa - they loved this

Pirates who don't do anything: veggie tales movie - this was another favorite, we came home and downloaded Rock Monster on iTunes

Bee movie - not a big favorite

Surf's Up - my son (7) asked if he could give this DVD away because he didn't want to watch it - never even made it through once

Kung Fu Panda - another hit

Mine are 7 and 3. I like the first Madagascar but not the second and wouldn't want my kids repeating some of the lines even if the double entendre did go over their heads.

We loved Kit Kittredge (my younger one didn't really watch that one), PWDDA, and Kung Fu Panda, and we liked Bee Movie.

Kids in Mind and Common Sense Media have useful movie summaries that help parents find movies for their families. Some of the write-ups at Kids in Mind are so detailed they're almost comical, but you definitely know exactly what's in the movie before seeing it.

Edited by WordGirl

These free movies are being offered at our theater. I don't have a clue whether they're appropriate for a six year old.

Can you give me your thoughts?

TIA!

Alicia

Doogal

Igor

Bee movie

Surf's Up

Hotel for Dogs

Kung Fu Panda

I would go for Madagascar, Pirates who donłt do anything, Bee movie.

Some of the write-ups at Kids in Mind are so detailed they're almost comical, but you definitely know exactly what's in the movie before seeing it.

Another fan of Kids in Mind here.

I get a kick out of looking up movies -- rated R ones for example -- to see the crazy amount of detail included. I do appreciate the service the site provides, but sometimes the things they mention strike me as funny. Maybe that's a little twisted, LOL :blink: