Menu

WDW Breakfast opinion/input please!

OK, we are having breakfast with friends this week at Disney.

I have 2 ressies - we bombed out trying to get character ones, so this is already "2nd choice" in a way.

They are staying at the Contemporary, their first day in Park is thursday. We live an a hour away which makes eating earlier than 8am not really doable.

We have:

Thursday 9:20am, Wilderness Lodge, Whispering Canyon

thursday 9am, Boma

or i just was able to get

Friday 9am, Boma

I've never eaten at either place for breakfast, hence asking for input. I'd say there aren't a lot of "adventurous" eaters in the group.

Of course, she's on an airplane - so i can't ask her what they are doing on Friday to know if that works or not.

Which means, give me your opinions people! LOL!!!

Edited by TraceyS/FL
i snagged Boma for thursday too while i/we decide! LOL!

We did not eat at Whispering Canyon, but we did eat at the Wilderness Lodge and at Boma (although for dinner). I know Boma gets rave reviews, but honestly, we thought it was very cafeteria-like (and weren't that wowed by the food either). However, the Animal Kingdom Lodge is a really neat place to walk around, and it has the savannah w/the animals as well.

Wilderness Lodge is beautiful too, and taking the boat there is very nice. The meals are supposed to be very fun!

Not sure if I've helped at all, but perhaps I've given you a little more information to make a decision on!

Well i've eaten at Boma for dinner and Whispering Canyon for Dinner & Lunch. Both were good (which is why i would go back) - but know NOTHING about breakfast at either. The Boma menu looks like it has a nice variation. I"ll print out menus to take to Clearwater tomorrow and we can decide then.

Really, it's the people on vacations choice! LOL!! Me, i'm local - it's just a good breakfast out :D

We've had both Boma and WHispering Canyon and hands down I'd go for Boma. Even though the food is served buffet style (vs table service at WC) the quality of the food is much better at Boma. THey do have quite a few "unusual" foods which are always fun to try (and delicious!!), but they also have the standards so picky or non-adventurous eaters will be completely satisfied as well. Their pastry selections even had me (a non-pastry eater) drooling.

Whispering Canyon was best for lunch and dinner, in my opinion.....and the antics happen much more during those meals than at breakfast. The food choices were pretty standard, but the quality was really only average.

Now...I know you said you tried for character meals....but are you aware of one of the lesser known characters meals, which tends to be a little easier to get reservations: Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club features Goofy, Minnie and Donald in beachwear, very good buffet breakfast.

If you're going to be there for a weekend, check out the Garden Grove Cafe in the Swan Resort.....it is excellent food and because it's not on the dining plan it's also one of the easiest character meals to get into, lol. Characters are Chip and Dale and usually one of the Fab5. The weekday breakfast doesn't have any characters, but the food is excellent and typically you can even do a walk in with little or not waiting. Their made-to-order omlets are excellent (they'll also do just eggs if you don't want it as an omlet), and I had some of the freshest fruit I've ever had in winter there!

The last thing I'd say is if you really had your heart set on a character meal......call or show up at your hoped for time and sometimes they will be able to accomodate you. Having a 9 or 9:20 reservation somewhere else means that you could show up at 8am, hope they can seat you, and if not, then head over to your other reservation anyway. I can't tell you how many times we got into restaurants where the night before they were still telling me no openings just by showing up, smiling nicely and being willing to wait sometimes half an hour. This didn't work at the Castle only worked once at Chef Mickeys, but we did it twice at 1900 Park Fare and too many times to mention at Ohanas. Since your friend is staying at Contemperary, have her stop at Chef Mickey's before leaving the hotel that morning to see if there is any chance. She could always cell phone you to come there instead of the other place you choose.

Whatever you do, remember that you're at WDW and I'm not....so you're already doing better than me and a zillion other people, lol. I miss WDW. :tongue_smilie:

Whatever you do, remember that you're at WDW and I'm not....so you're already doing better than me and a zillion other people, lol. I miss WDW. :tongue_smilie:

HA.

I'm 52 miles away at home.... i could only wish i was "there" :tongue_smilie:

Thanks for all the input, i'll talk to her about it tomorrow. They are staying in Clearwater for a few days, so we are going down/over to spend the day at the beach.

But because of the fact that it takes me an hour to get there, 7am is about the earliest i can get my crew out the door, which means eating at 8:30am. I don't think they could get to our ressies and hit up Chef Mickey's.

And sigh.... they did try everywhere for character. Tried again this morning too.... but the menu at Boma's is sounding really really good - so i'm going to talk her into that! LOL!!

We could have gotten into the Swan at one time - but you are the first person that i have heard that has eaten there, i'll file that away as a place to try in the future.

I have not eaten at Boma, but have heard good things about it. I love Wilderness Lodge and Whispering Canyon. I tend to pick where we eat by what park we plan on going to for that day and also how good the food is.

I was thinking about the park aspect - but i figure they can just all pile in my van and i'll drive them to the park of their choice. We did it last time they were here! LOL!