Menu

Why is my shipping so high for Queen Homeschool Supplies?

momtolgd

I think CBD has them, and you can usually find a coupon code to wipe out shipping.

ETA: OK, I thought they had them, but I can't find them? :confused: If my memory serves me, I did have to order them directly from Sandi Queen last year, but I thought it was because I didn't order anything from Rainbow Resource. Sorry i wasn't more help!:D

Our local Christian Bookstore has a small homeschool section with some of the Queen titles. Do you perhaps have that option? If not, I'm more than happy to check my store for you to see if the books you want are in stock. I could purchase & ship to you.

I tried to order 2 of the Pictures in Cursive books last night, but it gave me a price of $8 for shipping. Why is it so high? :001_huh:

Is there anywhere else I can order these from that would be more reasonable shipping?

It's probably a minimum shipping fee?

I did an internet search for the books...try Farm Country General Store http://www.homeschoolfcgs.com/ They have Pictures in Cursive, and shipping is $5.95 for purchases up to $59.50.

Then there's this one, Children's Books Inc. http://www.homeschooldiscountproducts.com They have $4.00 shipping. I put two Pictures in Cursive books in my cart to check shipping and it's $4 whether you buy one or two books. I didn't check to see how high it would go before shipping goes up.

I would love to order from them, but when I tried to my shipping actually cost more than the item I was buying. There is just no way it costs that much to ship one book - I know I ship books all the time. So unfortunately until they correct that I won't order from them.

Here's what I found out about Queen's shipping cost: Their shipping rates are set by order amount, not weight, and are based on what they are forced to charge as reps for Math-U-See, which they are regional reps for. Most of the other companies will ship book rate, media mail, and they ship every order priority mail, which costs them at least what is charged to the customer. The bottom line is speed. Sandi Queen said, "I know the companies that are offering the low cost shipping, and I have heard plenty of complaints from their customers, who call US sometimes to ask why it is taking **** so long to ship their order of OUR books!"

They send things out by priority mail, so it's receieved in good condition and in short order! They're not making ANY money that way, in fact they lost money on postage last year. But they feel it's the best way to service their customers. Hopefully that answers the question.

(BTW, No, I am not affiliated with Queen at all!) :)

Edited by Brindee