Menu

4th grader wants Science with lots of experiments

Exploration Education. I'd consider the higher level for him, if he's science-minded. The plus is that the learning is through a cd & all supplies are included (might come in handy w/ you having a new baby around for the upcoming school year). The elementary level would be way too easy for him. The higher level might be more challenging (since he's on the lower end of the suggested age range), but he should be able to do it if he loves science.

I also like the looks of The Colors curriculum, but it's not published yet & there is not a set release date yet. It is another one that would come w/ all the supplies needed.

Also, you could consider a level of Sonlight science. You can get kits w/ all the supplies. We've done level 3 science this year & really enjoyed it. Plus, I've looked at their new, revamped layout & it's quite nice, imo.

(Can you tell that I hate gathering science supplies, lol???)

If you're considering Chemistry, how about mine (Elemental Science)? I've planned experiments for every week, sometimes two a week. In addition to the experiments Chemistry for the Grammar Stage also includes narrations with pictures and a student-made glossary of terms. You can see the samples of it on my website here or at Lulu here. Hope you like what you see!