Menu

I'll be in the DC area the end of March-- meet up , anyone?

My li'l bro is graduating from Marine Corps Officer Candidate School at Quantico on Mar 28.

I'll be hitting Reagan Airport [DC], Quantico, VA, Baltimore MD, and Lusby MD during a 3.5 day stay- Th Mar 27, flying back home that Sun morning.

If you're near any of those areas and wanna meet up, PM me!

no one ever says, "Hey, I'm going to be in NW British Columbia this weekend - anyone want to meet up?" Jeesh...it's like you all are avoiding me.

Peek...you look like a woman who might know someone who could answer stupid questions about guns. Am I off base?

Really - I'm not casting aspersions - just trying to do some research for the book I'm writing and as we speak I'm waiting for answers on a gun forum I had to JOIN to post on. I kinda doubt I'm going to be taken seriously, LOL. And let's just say I'm waaaaay out of my comfort zone over there. :eek:

drats! sorry I'll miss ya Lynx!

Amy, my geography's not that great, but even I know a smidgen, lol. i wish! I could use a detour like that. Esp w/o kids!!

J.Lo--- {HA! couldn't resist}

that depends on your stupid questions. If it's a technical thing, then probably not.

If it's more like "can a gun discharge if nobody touches or acts upon it" then I'll take a stab at it. If it's a political/constitutional question then I'm itching to try it out. If it's a state by state law thing, all i know is NYC doesn't let NOBODY carry nuthin' if you ain't a NYC cop. feel free to PM me tho :D

They're pretty darn technical. I liked your "can a gun discharge if nobody touches or acts upon it" thing, though. I've never been put off by the idea of guns, but if I'm in a room with one, I keep an eye on it, and I always have that sneaking suspicion it could just blow up at any time.

Some guy on the gun forum said go ahead and ask the questions, so I just did that. Now I have to wait until they all get over giggling at my ignorance to see if they'll actually answer them.

Sigh. Write what you know, write what you know....

Do you know which day you'll be in Baltimore? That might actually be doable for us -- B'more is within our range. That is, if you can STAND to meet someone who eschews Coca Cola and believes in the potential for human impact on climate change. Mwwaaahhhaaaahaaa! Won't we have a blast?! :D

Mrs. Readsalot, Moni Moni, Kathy in MD, who else????

C'mon people, this could really be fun, and I'd like to be able to prove to my family that you folks really do exist outside my computer screen, and to my husband that you're actually female :rolleyes:.

Doran

we'll be in Baltimore Saturday, march 30. most of the day, actually.

I remember one gal asked for my "real" name cuz her dh was wondering if she was corresponding with a stripper, lol.

and as long as i can drink my cokes around you, you certainly don't hafta like it! you can believe whatever you want about climate change- I'm content in my rightness....;)

I'm real! And i'm female! heh heh heh....

...you certainly don't hafta like it! you can believe whatever you want about climate change- I'm content in my rightness....;)

I'm real! And i'm female! heh heh heh....

Well good. That make two of us. :D:D:D

Doran

• 2 weeks later...
bumping this up--

I leave Thursday morning [27th] and will be back Sunday afternoon :)

last chance!

I'm still contemplating trying to meet up with you, and Moni Moni, who lives on the western shore, was also interested (I PM'ed her about a week ago). My schedule has gotten a lot more complex since I first learned of your visit, so I'm no longer certain it's going to work for me. One question, and then we can take this to PMing if you want: Will you have your kids along, or will this be a kid-friendly afternoon? Or were you shooting more for mom's only?

Doran

Hey Doran! {and Moni moni, and anyone else... :) }

ah-- schedules getting complex --totally understand :D

well, i *just* found out that i will be allowed to tag along and sit in on an Adoption Preparation Seminar w/ my bro and his wife --they need to attend it since they are adopting a little girl from China. So i will be in Baltimore, but from 1:15- 5:15 I'll be in that seminar. Sounds interesting:

http://www.adoptionstogether.org/events/event.asp?EVENT_ID=316&F_MONTH=2&F_YEAR=2008&F_CATEGORY_ID=17

{{'cept I don't hafta pay that fee, lol!}}

That cuts meet up time down a bit. It would be cool to meet up maybe an hour before tho? Maybe lunch out somewhere? I'll be coming from Lusby, and i just need to be at the seminar by 1:15.

or I can meet up for a quick drink afterwards, but I'll need to be in Lusby that evening by about 8pm to hang w/ family a bit. [[but I'll have seen them Thursday and Friday, and will see them Sunday --so that should be enough. Dad always says visiting family and fish start to smell after about three days, lol.]]

I won't have my kids along, but i don't mind kid-friendly :)

I'm on Fort Belvoir, which is about 5 minutes off of I-95 going south towards Quantico. I don't know if your schedule would allow it, but if you would like to meet for a drink at Starbucks, let me know. That's really neat about your brother adopting from China. We adopted our youngest dd from China. :)

I mapped the Adoption meeting place and it is on the outskirts of Baltimore. Actually it is about as close as you can get to me and still have a Baltimore address! I am about 20 minutes away. Unfortunately, I don't know that area very well to suggest eating places. I have shopped and had lunch just the other side of 695 in Catonsville.

I also mapped Lusby and it estimates a drive time of an hour and a half to get from there to the meeting place.

Let me know if you want me to look for area restaurants near the meeting place. Or where you looking to meet on the harbor or somewhere more scenic?

I would love to get together, but with all these ebay auctions going I will be up to my you know what in boxes and wrapping paper this weekend. If it were summer I would say head down to the beach (Ocean City) and well then you would be actually in my town and it would be easier for me to get away for a bit. Hmmmm the last time I crossed the bridge was in the fall to go to Trader Joes. I think I am becoming to used to being an Eastern Shore resident. Hey but any time anyone is heading down to Ocean City for a bit of R&R let me know. It would be fun to meet a Panera or at a place on the boardwalk or something.