Menu

I have a Vita-Mix!!!

My parents bought one off eBay. They don't use it so they asked if I wanted it. I said YES!

Now, what do I do with it? :001_smile: I really would like to grind my own oat flour. It's supposed to do that, right? It would be nice to make our own ground beef. What is your favorite thing to make?

Edited by Cricket

My parents bought one off eBay. They don't use it so they asked if I wanted it. I said YES!

Now, what do I do with it? :001_smile: I really would like to grind my own oat flour. It's supposed to do that, right? It would be nice to make our own ground beef. What is your favorite thing to make?

Vita Mix reommends you get a dry blade conntainer for grinding grains, etc.

Dh loves it for coleslaw. I like to make smoothies.

Mine gets used daily. Smoothies, soup, sauces, peanut and almond butters. I also have a dry blade container; so far I've only used it for coffee, making powdered sugar and grinding corn for the chickens.

Oh, and fresh peach ice cream!!!!!

I absolutely love it.

Janet

Edited by Ishki

Mine gets used daily. Smoothies, soup, sauces, peanut and almond butters. I also have a dry blade container; so far I've only used it for coffee, making powdered sugar and grinding corn for the chickens.

Oh, and fresh peach ice cream!!!!!

I absolutely love it.

Janet

Powdered sugar?!? Is it just sugar or do you combine it with cornstarch? That is so cool. I know I'll have fun with this thing!

I think my Vita Mix is the single best purchase I have ever made for my kitchen! I got it for Christmas after trying to use other blenders and such. This is SO much better!

My absolute favorite thing to make is soft serve "ice cream."

I mix frozen fruit of any kind with ice cubes, a little sweetner (ususally agave), and maybe some vanilla protein powder but that isn't needed.

Use the plunger and mash it until it becomes the consistency of soft serve. it is a HUGE serving with minimal calories and I feel like I am cheating on a diet.

I also make green smoothies with spinach and whatever other vegetables or fruit I want to mix in.

Raw cocoa balls: chop any nuts in the vitamix (raw almonds are great), mix in pitted dates and raw cocoa powder. Roll into balls and put in the fridge!

Dawn