Menu

where to buy used paperback/hardcover books?

paulcindy

Abebooks, I believe, is based in Canada. Some credit cards may tack on a charge for using it, even though they bill in US dollars. Often the same sellers list the same items on multiple sites (half.com, amazon marketplace, alibris, and abebooks), for different prices [my guess is that each charges the seller different fees] and some of the umbrella stores offer coupons (alibris often does) while others virtually never do (amazon).

I also like library book sales.

Thanks. Sometimes places like Amazon charges shipping from each seller, so at $3.75 for shipping on a .75 book adds up if you are buying several. I was trying to cut back on shipping. So even if I were to buy from either the same site, or diffferent sellers, I would get some kind of discount.

Thanks!!:D

I buy 90% of my kids (and mine) books at second hand stores in our area. One of the best second hand stores are desert industries which is owned by the Mormon church. I am not LDS but love their store for books. I am shocked at how cheap I can find books. We use sonlight and many of the sonlight selection and hearts of dakota books can be found there for 29 - 79 cents.

I also shop two other thrift stores for books...I never pay more than a buck for a book.

My new favorite place for finding used books, aside from Paperbackswap which has supplied me with at least half my TOG Y2 books for next year, is http://www.bookfinder.com. When I cannot find a book I need at a price I am willing to pay, I look there. They list books from several sources along with prices.

The library is also a good place. Our library has sales periodically and I can get books for 25 cents or a bag of books for $1