Menu

Apologia question

The new Astronomy Notebook is a convience item. It eliminates the having to printout or the making one of your own.

You can create your own notebook OR print out the free notebook pages for each of the science books on Jeannie Fulbright's website: http://www.jeanniefulbright.com/notebookpages.html They are great. If you check out my blog( link in my signature) I posted some pics of my daughter's notebook using those pages for the Swimming Creatures. She loves them.

Other then that you don't HAVE to buy it but it sure does look great and I'm thinking of getting them this year for my older two

How important is getting the astronomy notebooking journal to go with the text?

Thanks,

Jessica

Jessica,

We have done Botany, Zoo 1, 2 and are doing 3 now and have never used any of the notebooks to go with them. You can just read and enjoy if you prefer.

Heather

Jessica,

We have done Botany, Zoo 1, 2 and are doing 3 now and have never used any of the notebooks to go with them. You can just read and enjoy if you prefer.

Heather

The notebooks created by Fulbright and Apologia are brand-new, and Astronomy is the first one printed....so ya couldn't have used these for the other books;).

That being said, if you WANT the convenience of a notebook that is beautiful, created by the same author of the book therefore matches perfectly (whereas I looked at the www.notebookingpages.com for Astronomy and it seemed only to focus on the constellations), and completely open-and-go, the Astronomy notebook is on sale at CBD.com, for $16.99, saving you about $10 upfront for the book and countless pennies for at home printing of the other free options out there.

For us, notebooking is a way to take the wonderful info you just read and turn it into info you can put your hands on, and make your own. I was salivating for the Astronomy notebook by Fulbright to come out, but I am deeply in love with Apologia elementary series, so I am a bit biased.

The notebooks created by Fulbright and Apologia are brand-new, and Astronomy is the first one printed....so ya couldn't have used these for the other books;).

I haven't seen the new ones, but she has always had notebooking on her website for free. I was just saying that I didn't use even those, and my kids have learned a ton just with just the text. My kids are extremely pencil phobic, so making them do notebooking would have make them hate science.

Heather