Menu

Which of Leslie Sansone's Walking DvDs do I want?

I need to spend a couple more dollars at amazon :)

I want challenging. For example, I can do (barely) P90X.

Another question. The walking is in place (or close to it), right? I can workout with a dvd (like beach body ones), but walking strides is a whole different story.

Thanks!

I just bought the Five Day Fit Walk. It has five workouts on one dvd. I did day one yesterday and it was light, very light. I didn't know what to expect with this one, so I just started with day one. I won't be doing that one again because it didn't even raise my heart rate and I barely broke a sweat on my brow. Day 2 is a 2 mile (30 min.), Day 3 is another 2 mile (30 min.), Day 4 is walk and kick (30 min.) and Day 5 is Power Mile (20 min.). Each one uses weighted balls, but I'll just use my 5 lb. weights. I've done her Walk and Jog and it's a good workout. My heart rate was raised on that one and I did sweat and get out of breath. A good workout. It's only 30 min., too. I've also done BB and really like their stuff, but it's just a long work out. I like that these are 30 min. and I feel like I've gotten a complete workout. You raise your knees so you feel your lower abs engage and hip flexers work. You work your thighs and there are other moves she has you to do, not just walk in place the whole time. She has you use your arms too, so you're getting an overall body workout. I'm pleased with it and will use it in conjunction with the other stuff I have. I have Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred. It's a really good workout, but I just can't get motivated to do it every day. So, I figure I'll do Walk Away, Jillian, and my BB dvd's and get a varied workout. HTH

I need to spend a couple more dollars at amazon :)

Another question. The walking is in place (or close to it), right? I can workout with a dvd (like beach body ones), but walking strides is a whole different story.

Thanks!

I have most of hers and really like the Walk Away the Pounds Power Series "Walk and Kick" DVD. It's an interval training that uses more major muscle groups. 30 minutes - warm-up, alternate brisk walking with 2 minute sessions of kicking, stretching, and boxing.

Oh, I also like her Pilates dvd, too.

Sheri :)

Thanks y'all.

I have lots of videos (and wii things). I just really like variety.

If you haven't ordered yet, I like this one.

It's different than her other DVDs in that it's actually 5 separate 1 mile walks. If you do them all it's a 5 mile walk, but you can also mix and match for shorter walks.

If you can do P90X, even barely, none of Leslie's workouts will be even remotely challenging for you.

But... they're great for a light day, or when you're recovering from illness or injury.

I have almost all of her videos and DVDs (since way back when she was still Leslie Tommelleo... and I'm pretty sure I butchered that spelling,) and they all have their merits. I would recommend reading the reviews and searching the threads at Videofitness.com for tons of recommendations. You can also watch video previews at Collagevideo.com.

Cat

She has INCREDIBLY too many to choose from :)

I keep waffling....haven't ordered....which is slowing down my order, I'm sure.

I have had lots of Leslie Sansone over the years and this set it the best to me. She jogs in place and does faster miles. Compared to her older dvd's, these are much better.

The set I got that I really, really like of hers is this one:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.F03006.desc.Leslie-Sansone-Walk-Slim-5-DVD-System-with-Firming-Band

It's sold out, but you can look at the pics and find these at Amazon.

If you "do" ebay, it is on there. I got one set on ebay, too around Nov.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leslie-Sansone-Walk-Slim-5-DVD-System-w%2F-Firming-Band_W0QQitemZ400048658594QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090509?IMSfp=TL0905091210004r1318

I have two of her dvds: Walk Away the Pounds-Intensity Walk and Walk at Home-5 mile Fat Burning Walk.

The first one is an older one and I find it is too easy and everyone's outfits are distracting because they look somewhat 90's to me.

I like the second one the best. If I do two or more miles in a row then it feels like a pretty good workout. It is also more current-as far as fashion goes. Does that make me a snob? :)

The first one is an older one and I find it is too easy and everyone's outfits are distracting because they look somewhat 90's to me. .... It is also more current-as far as fashion goes. Does that make me a snob? :)

No, but I'm pretty sure it makes me OLD! I remember wearing those outfits. And the hair. Don't forget the hair! ;)

Cat

The 3 Mile Walk is really challenging for me. Not sure if it is a mental block ("oh no, I'm doing 3 miles!!) or what, but I find it more difficult.

I have the 5 Day Workout and like that - yes, the styles are bad!

Walk Away Your Hips and THighs is pretty good. If you are a P90Xer, it might not be challenging enough.

She does have some 5 milers that are pretty rough and Walk and Jog which I dont attenpt!

I would say I'm an intermediate exerciser and I have to really beef up Leslie to make it a workout. I got her 5 mile "advanced" walk from Netflix to try. It was okay, but I used 3 pound weights the whole time and did some arm work while walking, and changed out some of the walking with jogging (without the weights) and a few squats. If I walked that quickly outside, it would get my heart rate up, but something about walking in place, just doesn't do much for me.