Menu

Chocolate Fountain?

Hi all, My eldest turns sweet 16 next month and we are thinking about buying a small home chocolate fountain (cheaper than renting a big one) for the teen invasion that will be happening. Does anyone have one? What model did you buy? Were you happy with it? I am thinking more along the lines of the $40 models than the $150 models. :001_smile: Thanks!

We received one as a gift. The chocolate came out a little funny following their recipe ... I would definitely recommend, whatever you get, try it out first! So you can tweak the recipe to your taste.

We were all adults with kids underfoot, so it got a little messy, but it was fun. Just the recipe seemed a tad off.

I don't know how well the small ones work, but I wanted to tell you about my niece's wedding. She didn't do a big reception meal. Instead she did finger foods and a chocolate fountain. My mom and I were skeptical that this would be enough to "fill" people up. Well, we had to eat our words so to say because the fountain was AWESOME! Everyone loved it! She had strawberries, pineapple, marshmellows and those little vanilla wafer cookies with the creme in the middle (they also come in chocolate and strawberry, but she only had vanilla). Now I am want a fountain at my dd's wedding and she is only 10!

We received one as a gift. The chocolate came out a little funny following their recipe ... I would definitely recommend, whatever you get, try it out first! So you can tweak the recipe to your taste.

We were all adults with kids underfoot, so it got a little messy, but it was fun. Just the recipe seemed a tad off.

Definitely test drive it first! It took my friends about 3 tries to get the chocolate just right the first time they used it - we were over for dinner and it was a lot of fun refining it, but I can't imagine you wanting that to happen at a party!

We received one as a gift a couple of years ago and have never used it. It seems like you would need alot of chocolate. Is this the case and is it expensive?

Let me know if you need any help getting the taste just right!! ;)

Chelle

Edited by Chelle in MO
Too many "justs"!!