Menu

Hot Flash ?????

I have been having hot flashes and night sweats for over a year. Now that summer's heat has arrived - it is worse.

We just got back from a week at a beach in FL. I was worried about going because of the heat and how many hot flashes/night sweats I have been having.

Well, the ENTIRE time I was at the beach - I NEVER HAD A SINGLE ONE! We boated, we sat on the beach, we walked everywhere, we built sandcastles, we explored. All out in the heat. The only time we were not outside was when we went to a 45 min tourist movie. But, no hot flashes! I lost weight too!

So, what do I wake up with this morning??? Yes, night sweat. I've been up for just over an hour and had 2 hot flashes. What is going on?? How can I duplicate what I had at the beach so I dont have these nasty heat waves???

That's strange. One of the menopause books I read suggested keeping a log to look for trigger patterns for hot flashes. I didn't have time to log mine because I was getting them all the time day and night. They were pretty bad. I started taking an herb called dong quai (capsules) and it made a big difference.

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday, and the low stress time did the trick for you. How cool is that? So, if you can't vacation all the time, here is what I would suggest, as this is what I have found helpful.

1. 1/4 tspn progesterone cream after my shower in the morning.

2. "Hot Flash" pills - 3 per day. These are an herbal supplement which has soy, black cohosh, don quai, licorice root and chaste tree berry extract...they are a "Source Naturals" product.

If I use these two products faithfully, I might only have 1-2 hot flashes a week....prior to this my teens called me "hot mama" because I was seldom without a hot flash.

Feel free to pm me, if I can help any further.

Blessings,

Heather

Well, the ENTIRE time I was at the beach - I NEVER HAD A SINGLE ONE! We boated, we sat on the beach, we walked everywhere, we built sandcastles, we explored. All out in the heat. The only time we were not outside was when we went to a 45 min tourist movie. But, no hot flashes! I lost weight too!

Just a thought,

Compared to your trip, how active are you at home? Possibly related to food / drink intakes (did you drink more water there)?

Just a thought,

Compared to your trip, how active are you at home? Possibly related to food / drink intakes (did you drink more water there)?

Also, I noticed that you said you walked everywhere. How does that compare to exercise at home?

ETA: If I have them, it's a function of eating poorly and/or not getting any exercise. When I say "eating poorly" I'm including things I've noticed that are unique to me -- I can't tolerate corn, I need more healthy fats than most people I know.

Edited by GailV