Menu

Diagnostics Tests Question - PAST test?

Another question about diagnostic tests...

So, we are looking into tests for dyslexia and other problems that could affect reading...

I have heard about CTOPP.   Someone just mentioned PAST.    Can someone tell me more about this (like what PAST stands for, for instance) and what's the difference between it and CTOPP?  I've tried to googling but "past" is such a common word I'm not coming up with anything on it.

Also, are there any tests for problems that may cause reading difficulties that I should be aware of other than...

CTOPP

PAST

Irlen

COVD Vision Testing

IQ Test

Reading Level Tests

Diebels is another one. 

I think the PAST is a free one that you can find? I think I gave that one to DD on my own. It came with the online resources with the book I posted about recently. https://www.amazon.com/Essentials-Preventing-Overcoming-Difficulties-Psychological/dp/1118845242

It's just basically a 5 minute test looking at phonemic awareness skills. 

• Like 2

From what I can find, the PAST test is free online and available online here: https://assessmentkit.weebly.com/phonological-awareness.html

It looks comprehensive and easy to administer. It will let you know which skills your child has and hasn't mastered, but won't give you the type of information a standardized test (like the CTOPP) will, because it doesn't compare your child to a group. 

Ds7 was diagnosed with an LD in reading through a full psychoeducational assessment. We were also looking at language and attention issues, but the measures they used specifically for the LD diagnosis were: 

Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children - Fifth Edition (WISC-V)

Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement - Third Edition (KTEA-3)

Process Assessment of the Learner - Second Edition (PAL-II)

Comprehensive Test of Phonological Abilities - Second Edition (CTOPP-2)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...