What's with the ads?

Photo

Transcript questions - "Honors" courses, "P" grades, Weighting honors/AP/"college" or dual enrolled, etc.

151 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#151 lewelma

lewelma

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5984 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

For schools that allow for additional recommendations for homeschooled applicants, did you send an extra? DS has an english teacher, the IMO deputy team leader, and me as counselor, I could get his music teacher to write one. Worthwhile? DS is not going into music.

Edited by lewelma, 15 October 2017 - 03:46 AM.

#152 Sebastian (a lady)

Sebastian (a lady)

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12510 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

Yes, this.  But if you end up making changes to senior year classes, at some point you'll need to inform your colleges, even after you submit the CA if necessary.  I'm not sure if it's best to do it by mail or email or whether you need to provide a reason.  

I had to make some alterations to spring senior year plans.  One kid did Stats instead of Calc 2 and the other switched CC campuses.  Both of these were because of scheduling issues.

The Common App Midyear Report was a way to both submit first semester grades and update what was happening for spring.

I included an updated transcript, a cover letter that briefly explained the changes, and a sheet with the course descriptions for the new courses.

• RootAnn and daijobu like this