Menu

Blank timeline books help please!

You can just make your own using a blank art sketch book. I just drew a horizontal line on each page. There are varying degrees of quality for the covers as you can nothing special, to hardcover/book sewn, greyboard covers with spiral, leather or cloth covered...All sorts of options depending on your budget. If you get it at Michael's, you can use a coupon to make it less costly.

The History Through the Ages one is quite nice as well...but not cheap.

https://www.christianbook.com/history-through-the-ages-record-time/amy-pak/9780972026543/pd/449101?dv=%7Bdevice%7D&en=google&event=SHOP&kw=homeschool-20-40%7C449101&p=1179710&gclid=Cj0KEQjw8tbHBRC6rLS024qYjtEBEiQA7wIDeUPfhccufYiTUh8wrGxDEOX4KZUuNOI5YKMMWifR_CcaAmXb8P8HAQ

• Like 1

We have two of the Miller ones also. We are finishing year two with them. Mine are labeled 9x12, $9.99. They say 60 pages, but I think when I received them and counted they were actually 58 or 59. That sounds weird that I counted, but I just wanted to divide them into four parts for our history rotation.

• Like 1

Miller paper and pads has a good one for around $11. I don't know if you would consider it bulky. It is about 8x11 and spiral bound, much like one of their sketch pads. It has held up well for 3 years for my middle schooler, and she still works in it a couple times a week.

Bumping. Can you please post a link to this? Thanks!

Cottage Press sells a boc. Dyslexia games puts out a timeline book.

I am extremely interested in the history portfolios for next year because they have a junior version that matches up with the regular time period books, but with more games and stuff. My younger might really be in​ to that.

http://www.rainbowresource.com/searchspring.php?q=History+portfolio

We have the Cottage Press one. I needed to buy several and it seemed like a good deal. The quality is good and I like that there is more space for modern times. The 1900s and beyond has a page (front and back) for each decade.1600s starts with 50 years per page. My one complaint is that I'd like if the same century, 1/2 century, or decade were on the same page spread, instead of the same page. I'd like to see that decade or century all at once, without having to flip the page.

They are about the size of a typical workbook, so not bulky at all. The pages are 1/2 lined and 1/2 blank, divided vertically on each page. There are blank pages at the back for maps.

Edited by Holly

We have the Cottage Press one too. It's very nice, good quality, and inexpensive. 

In the past we have used History Through the Ages Record of Time book and timeline figures. They're great too, just a little more work to print the figures, but the end result is a beautiful hardcover book.

We have also used Guesthollow's free timeline as a free printable. 

http://www.guesthollow.com/homeschool/printables/printables.html