Menu

Selling a large set of books at a used book sale

mom31257

How have you found is the best way to sell a set of themed books (readers, resources, etc) at a used book sale? How do you package them up so they can be seen but not lost.

I have set of 42 books, all paperback, to sell. Most are historical fiction, but some are teacher resource books and bigger picture books. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

I would either put them in a box or tie them together with twine or a large rubber band so that you could see all the titles.

I've  never had luck selling sets - except for American Girl books for a specific character. And even then, people kept asking if I would split them up. 

• Like 2

At consignment sales I often see similar books or sets of books placed together in a gallon zip lock bag with tape holding the bag closed (in addition to the zip). If the books aren't packed in tight, people can slide them around a bit to see the condition of the books (though you can't see inside). It also helps to have a description on the outside of the bag of what's inside and whether the books are clean or written in.

• Like 1

I would either put them in a box or tie them together with twine or a large rubber band so that you could see all the titles.

I've  never had luck selling sets - except for American Girl books for a specific character. And even then, people kept asking if I would split them up. 

Yes, I could see wanting to buy just specific books.  

Maybe you could have one price for a single book, and a discounted rate for 5, like at my local used book store. 

• Like 1

I actually had a better idea! I took pictures and posted in my homeschool group and said I didn't want to try and sell them at the book sale. I already found a taker. 

Thanks for all the ideas, though! I am going through books now and getting ready for the sale next week. I might have other sets that need packaging together. 

• Like 4