Menu

looking for baked oatmeal recipes

redsquirrel

My kids and dh are loving baked oatmeal for breakfast. I make a double batch in a 9X13 pan and breakfast is done for the week! 

So far they adore this banana bread baked oatmeal

http://lovegrowswild.com/2015/08/banana-bread-baked-oatmeal/

That is their favorite, by far.  I'm having to buy extra bananas to let enough to ripe just so I can keep up with demand, lol

They also really like this one

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/09/baked-pumpkin-pie-oatmeal/

It is essentially a pumpkin pie with oatmeal in it lol. Pumpkin pie is their favorite pie, so it's been a big hit.

But I'd like to not just alternate between the two.  Does anyone have any they have tried and they think is especially good?

And I keep thinking there must be a standard ratio for this?  It's looking like equal parts oatmeal and liquid (milk or whatever you like) and then half that much of a wet fruit like mashed banana or pumpkin...so would apple sauce also work? 

But I would love to try some new ones.

• Like 1

This is what I make every week in an 8x8 pan--all for me! 6 servings for 6 days. I always use frozen blueberries and a diced apple. We live in Oregon so we pick a ton of blueberries in summer and freeze them--convenient for us and very healthy. I figure with the apple and applesauce, I'm getting a serving of fruit with breakfast. I tinkered with a different recipe to make it healthier--less salt, applesauce instead of oil, way less sugar. I love it, more so out of the fridge and nuked for 30 seconds than straight out of the oven. It firms up a bit.

2 eggs, beaten

1/4 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. applesauce

1/2 t. salt

2 t. baking powder

2 t. cinnamon

1 c. milk

3 cups old fashioned oats

2 cups frozen blueberries

1 apple, peeled and diced

Mix it up, spread in greased 8x8 pan, bake at 350° for 35 minutes (in my current oven which works a lot better than my old oven where it needed 45 minutes).

This one is a very generic recipe and also low in sugar (I use honey and no raisins!). http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.com/2009/02/baked-oatmeal.html

We like lots of the other baked oatmeal recipes on her site too! Peanut butter, peaches and cream, strawberries and cream, double chocolate, cinnamon roll (with a cream cheese icing instead of her drizzle).

Edited by pink&bluemommy