Menu

SI Joint pain?

ktgrok

Anything help?

I'm working out now, doing squats and lunges and such with a maternity workout online. I think it helps a bit. (this started before pregnancy though). Any stretches or anything that helped?

I have an appt with a new chiropractor on Monday, it's been forever since I've been to one and hoping they can help. 

Oooh, I'm sorry you have that problem!  I had that problem with my second pregnancy, and I could barely walk.  It hurt SO much.  I asked my midwife what I could do about it, and she recommend a chiropractor who was actually a homebirth mom client of theirs.  I had always been skeptical about chiropractors until then, but I was desperate.  After one treatment, it was SO much better.  I did continue going frequently for a while and then occasionally for the rest of the pregnancy, but seriously, after one treatment, I went from limping in pain to being able to dash up the stairs.  It hasn't been as bad in other pregnancies, but I'm planning to see my current chiro a bunch later this pregnancy.  (She's also Webster trained, and since my last baby was positioned funky towards the end, I'm hoping she'll help keep this one in a better position.)

The MW also had an exercise where I lay on my back (not easy, LOL), and pulled one knee up while DH pushed on that knee.  It helped some, but the chiro was really what made the difference.  I hope you're able to get yours back in place!

• Like 1

Thanks. I've had issues with my tail bone being out of place with each pregnancy (and between) but it is definitely worse now. Walking makes it worse. Oddly, it's best when I first wake up in the morning (I sleep with a pillow between my knees, on my side). 

Chiropractor, all the way.

But, after you are adjusted, do NOT sit cross-legged.  Mine would pop right back out every time, and then I'd be stuck waiting til I could get to the chiro again.  

oh no, seriously! I ALWAYS sit cross legged! Like, always. I'm doing it right now! Even in my desk chair, I sit cross legged. I'm short, so it's more comfortable than my legs dangling. Uh oh!