Menu

Registration opened for Attuneup!

This great writing program for middle schoolers and lower high school students is open for registration. I just got send info via mail. My girls took these classes for several semesters including summers and have been highly highly pleased. 

This will be the first semester where I will have no kids in her classes but will take her Spring class. 

Amy is great with communicating with you and your kids. Her teaching is very systematic and leaves no room for questions or feeling overwhelmed. Everything is pretty doable and my girls have been pretty independent with the required work. 

My girls have all learned a lot! I am thinking of placing one child in Fabulary. Still thinking about it. 

http://www.attuneup.com/

We have not taken Landry Academy English courses or the WTMA writing course, but my son took both Attuneup classes, the fall, Time Capsule, and spring, The essay Practitioner. He is 11 and he really enjoyed every aspect of both classes.  He did them entirely independently.  I did not think he would be writing well-polished essays at this age. Amy is very helpful, and understanding, and a great teacher.  He would really like to take another class with Amy.

Hope that is helpful.

Pauline

• Like 1

I signed up DD9 (entering 5th), but am waiting to hear back from Amy after submitting her writing sample. I am really hopeful that it will be a good fit; I'm just not sure what level she expects them to be at before starting.

I registered for one phase to give it a try since I'm also registered with WTMA WWS2. For the summer I just paid $39 for Fabulary, though I don't think this class is the basic class. It seems to me that her grammar class (or something equivalent) is the prerequisite for Time Capsule.

My son took essay practitioner and there was a brief prayer in the beginning of class. he never had any problem with an overly christian viewpoint from either the teacher or the students. Some students did choose topics that were more religious in nature, but that was okay by me--the quality of the teaching was the most important thing for me. Now, if it were a science class..I'd have a problem. But my son grew a lot in this class, looked forward to it, and while I am Christian, we almost always try and avoid Christian classes wherever possible, simply because i prefer a secular education for my children (and DH is Jewish).

To be clear, Amy is CHristian but we didn't notice an overly Christian theme to the class. 

I noticed on the Attuneup website that the Time Capsule class uses the STOW 2 history book.  For those who have taken it, how much of that book is read?  My daughter is already lined up to study the 20th century next year, and I don't want to overwhelm her with history from two time periods, especially if the reading load is heavy for Time Capsule.  Thanks!