Menu

Annual Search for AP Exam Site Commiseration Thread

I want you all to know that in the twilight of my homeschooling years, I am so paranoid about finding seats for the 2015-2016 exams that I already have written commitments for three of the four I am looking for. I am waiting for word on the last one and the one most difficult to find. I have set up my computer reminders so that I do not miss the widely varying registration dates with 3 different schools. :tongue_smilie:

Remind me to move to your area in a couple of years.

• Like 2

Is emailing better than calling? I'm having trouble getting calls returned. I hope that's not a bad omen...

Who are you emailing? Do you have a specific contact for the AP coordinator or a general school contact?

I've dont both email and phone in the past. But the sooner I can get to the actual coordinator or counselor the better. Asking questions about the details of registration for exams of the school secretaries hasn't been so helpful. Asking them to put me in touch with the Ap coordinator has worked better.

And right now may be a super busy time with AP tests being administered, end of semester grading and graduation prep.

• Like 2

Is emailing better than calling? I'm having trouble getting calls returned. I hope that's not a bad omen...

I went to the school's website, identified who the AP adviser was, and then called and explained the situation. I didn't get them on the first try, but they both returned my calls.  I just left my name and said I had questions about AP testing.

I had difficulty in getting responses to some of my emails with our own school. I didn't want to leave anything to chance, so I phoned. I don't know if it matters.

ETA: I just saw Sebastian's note, and yes, it is a very busy time for the AP coordinators. I only contacted the third school now because of the difficulty in finding a seat for this particular test. We have to decide whether or not the class content and effort will be worth it if ds cannot test. Given his area of interests, it probably would be.  But I would like to know now, not when he is half way through the class next January.

• Like 1