Menu

Any No-S "Dieters" on the board?

EmilyGF

I'M HUNGRY!

Ok. Scream over. This is challenging.

You should have seen my bowl of oatmeal this morning. It was so full. I doctored it up with peanut butter, flax and raisins. It looked like something Jethro on the Beverly Hillbillies would have eaten. I'm hungry now though and there is an hour still until lunch.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'M HUNGRY!

Ok. Scream over. This is challenging.

You should have seen my bowl of oatmeal this morning. It was so full. I doctored it up with peanut butter, flax and raisins. It looked like something Jethro on the Beverly Hillbillies would have eaten. I'm hungry now though and there is an hour still until lunch.

Oatmeal doesn't do it for me. I need meat or eggs or something. Just put it down to learning about yourself. Then get busy doing something! I'll forget I'm hungry if I'm engrossed in something. I've also finally gotten over thinking I'm going to die if my stomach grumbles. Usually ;).

Today

B- leftover broccoli soup, 2 pc toast

L- turkey burger, carrots&peppers, corn chips

D- hm chicken tikka masala, spoonful of rice

Soup for breakfast! That's a good idea. This meal-sharing thing is great for getting more ideas.

B: Bacon and eggs, 1/2 a pear, coffee.

L: Tuna and salad with 2 slices organic rye bread, raw nuts.

D: Ribs, crispy potato, sweet potato, broccoli.

Joyofsix, if you persevere, so will I :).

B: Potato cakes and scrambled eggs. 1/2 pear, coffee.

L: Curried salmon (it's like a salmon mornay with rice and curry mixed in). Raw nuts.

D: Sausage and sweet potato bake. Potato wedges, salad. Coffee...again.

I was hungry after lunch today and was tempted to snack....but didn't, so YAY. I'm trying to pass on the no-snacking mentality to my kids too. I want them to take good habits with them into their adult lives. It will be so much easier to maintain good eating habits than to undo bad ones.

Sorry, but I had to drop out. I like my little bits of chocolate each day and my afternoon snack, and being a perfectionist, I can no longer pretend that I am doing this eating plan. But I am still doing well with keeping calories low and exercising, so that is what matters. I still like the website and did find some useful information.  :001_smile:  

Sorry, but I had to drop out. I like my little bits of chocolate each day and my afternoon snack, and being a perfectionist, I can no longer pretend that I am doing this eating plan. But I am still doing well with keeping calories low and exercising, so that is what matters. I still like the website and did find some useful information. :001_smile:

Just take the parts that work and do what works for you. I don't follow the ideas exactly but it's all about what works. I do think the no snack thing has been huge for me. I have been known to cave on the sweets issue sometimes.

Just take the parts that work and do what works for you. I don't follow the ideas exactly but it's all about what works. I do think the no snack thing has been huge for me. I have been known to cave on the sweets issue sometimes.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I've always done with everything, including homeschooling. Take the bits and pieces that work from a bunch of different places and put them together into my own "thing." 

B: Toast and avocado, an apple, coffee

L: Piece of chicken, 2 eggs, salad, banana

D: Buffalo wings, homemade chips, veges.

I am newly pregnant and have suddenly become HUNGRY. I really want to maintain this eating though, so I'm going to try just adding an extra piece of fruit each day. I'll see how I go...:-).

I took Nov 1st as an official start day, even though I was dabbling for a couple weeks prior.  So I'm technically on day 6 and doing really well.  Monday we were busy and I didn't have lunch but I had a banana and a couple samples from Costco (snacks) but I figure that evens out with no lunch.  I love this diet.  I'm also doing my 10k steps a day, and a 25min circuit workout video 3 days a week.  This weekend will be my first official "S" days, so I need to come up with a plan to prevent overindulgence.  Any ideas? I like strict rules, I think.

I'm not much of a strict rule person but I try to think ahead to what specifically sounds good and not just mindlessly munch. I'll plan to maybe have a nice dinner with dessert or know that I will have nachos and a beer at a football party. It's a semi plan.

Today:

B-zuchinni&mushrooms with eggs, coffee

L- left over roast, salad with cheese and pumpkin seeds

D- cheesy broccoli soup- was very busy tonight and now wish I'd had time for something else

So yesterday was an S day. Strangely though, I'm getting to S days and finding that I'm mostly content to stay in the groove of the no-S days and almost make myself have something no-S-ish just so that I have a treat. I suppose that is the way it should be....

B: Bacon and eggs, an orange, coffee.

L: Steak, potato bake, salad.

D: Sausage, left-over potato bake and salad, banana.

Extra: Two squares of chocolate with my cup of tea for supper. It was dark choc, 90% cocoa, so very low in sugar. That was my big lash out for the day. Oh well....

I feel really in control of my eating with this plan and that, for me, is a really good thing.