Menu

NC Help.. Freaking out here..

kwhaley70

Sorry, if this is the wrong board, feel free to move it.

So I've been home schooling for 3 years now, my sons are now 10 and 8.  I just went on the NC DNPE site to get my homeschool ID, and put in my email address and it says it's not in their system.  I haven't gotten anything from them since the beginning, none of the post cards or anything, I did the past two year receive the email to go into their website and update addresses and all that. 

Has this happened to anyone else?  I will call them Monday, but I'm going to be a wreck until then. 

Thanks for the help. 

Karen

Sorry, if this is the wrong board, feel free to move it.

So I've been home schooling for 3 years now, my sons are now 10 and 8.  I just went on the NC DNPE site to get my homeschool ID, and put in my email address and it says it's not in their system.  I haven't gotten anything from them since the beginning, none of the post cards or anything, I did the past two year receive the email to go into their website and update addresses and all that. 

Has this happened to anyone else?  I will call them Monday, but I'm going to be a wreck until then. 

Thanks for the help. 

Karen

Why do you need a homeschool ID? :confused1:

I don't really, I just had a feeling something wasn't quite right, since I haven't heard anything this year yet and the school year is starting up in a few weeks, Ive never once gotten the post card to send in the tests results and attendance sheets. 

Why do you need a homeschool ID? :confused1:

I think she means the ID number that you get on the orange postcard. I needed it to "re-open" my homeschool there after leaving and moving back.

There is nothing to freak out about. The NC law doesn't really deal with *enforcement*. Just call on Monday. If they don't have a record of you, just send in your info again.

The orange cards have been replaced with on-line.  HOWEVER, I'm not sure if on-line is mandatory.  You may be able to call up to Raleigh and they may accommodate you with a card.  I'm not sure.   I wasn't going to go the on-line route, but did for the sake of convenience. 

Every NC homeschool is assigned a number. 

As others have said, it's not a big deal.  Relax.  Call Monday. 

I don't really, I just had a feeling something wasn't quite right, since I haven't heard anything this year yet and the school year is starting up in a few weeks, Ive never once gotten the post card to send in the tests results and attendance sheets. 

Send them in where? We are in NC and my understanding is that we are just to have them on file at our house. Has that changed? :huh:

There was some discussion about this on the Piedmont Homeschoolers Yahoo group in the last couple of days.  One of the members had heard from the NC DNPE that they would probably not be sending out any requests for information from homeschoolers this year.  Also, other members reminded everyone that it is not required to send anything in once you have registered your homeschool, you are only required to keep test scores, attendance records, and immunization records on file in your home.

I registered our homeschool today.  Once they confirm receiving our diplomas, we'll finally be official :)

Deep breath! Okay, again. At the very worse, they didn't get your paper work and it got misplace/lost somewhere. But, they certainly aren't going to come hunt you down on a Saturday morning because of it. 

It will be fine. Call on monday and straighten it out. In the meantime, enjoy your weekend. It will be okay. :grouphug:

Send them in where? We are in NC and my understanding is that we are just to have them on file at our house. Has that changed? :huh:

It hasn't changed. NC DNPE always asks families to volunteer their tests results. Some do, some don't, it's not a requirement.