Menu

Can I vent about my bad hair cut?

I went to my hairdresser yesterday and got a perm and trim. I told her that I wanted to maintain my style of long layers with bangs, but she ended up just trimming it one length with bangs.. Looks horrible!!!Now I have to go around with a clip in my hair because I can't wear it down as it is. I know this is so trivial, but I am so frustrated b/c I had to wait for that appt. Normally she does a fantastic job, but she was jet lagged and in a hurry to tend to her other hair appt., so that's probably why it turned out so bad. Now I have to get another appt. with her to get it right. I'll be glad to pay full price for another hair cut, but I just want to be able to wear my hair down.

Thanks for listening!

You should NOT have to pay for her fix your hair!

You explained what you wanted, it was her fault. I hope she stands by her past experience with you and gives you a cut for free. You could give her a tip to say thankyou.maybe. :)

the first time I took my teen dd in for her first non-mom cut haircut, my hairdresser was not available so I let another hairdresser cut dd's hair. Well, she totally disregarded my dd's requests and cut it the way she, the hairdresser , thought it should be cut. Well, I took dd back in the next day and had my hairdresser correct the mistake. They apologized and spent a long time correcting dd's haircut and NO CHARGE and I have noticed lately that the first hairdresser is no longer there.

:iagree: She should fix it for free, but I'm a wimp sitting here with my new hair cut too. I should call and get another appointment too, but for some reason I'm worried about upsetting my stylist. (This was her idea of the perfect cut for me...ick...:001_huh:)

:grouphug:

I haven't had my hair cut in 9 years. Situations like this would be why.

On the other hand, your hair dresser should schedule to accommodate YOU, and you should not be charged to fix her error. Really.

Yup. My dd and bf cut my hair.

Why pay for a bad haircut?

I'd rather get trims for free that are so so than lose big money and hate my hair.

OP: She needs to fix your hair for free.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone through this with haircuts!

I know stylists mean well, but their idea of how my hair *should* look is a far cry from how it actually looks once I leave the chair! The scenario of me going home, washing my hair and trying to duplicate what the stylist had done only to have it come out looking awful brought me to tears more than once.

As I've said on here before, ultimately I shaved my head with a 1/8" spacer. My hair is now very user friendly! I can go out in the wind, put the car windows down, jog, and play sports etc. knowing that my hair will look exactly the same from the time I get up in the morning to the time I go to bed at night.

It's been liberating. I've had more people ask me in the past two years whether they can feel my hair - I don't know why, but everyone seems to get a kick out of it.

Good luck to the OP. You shouldn't have to pay for another haircut if the stylist didn't do what you asked for the first time - nor should you suffer through it because you're trying to be nice!

As I've said on here before, ultimately I shaved my head with a 1/8" spacer. My hair is now very user friendly! I can go out in the wind, put the car windows down, jog, and play sports etc. knowing that my hair will look exactly the same from the time I get up in the morning to the time I go to bed at night.

It's been liberating.

AMEN!

Although I don't use a razor, I pay a ridiculously large amount of money to get mine "styled" in a uber-short buzz cut :tongue_smilie:.

After my hubby deployed when my youngest was a newborn, I went back home to stay with my parents for the duration. I had REALLY bad post-pardem depression. I needed a haircut terribly bad (the bad thing about this short hair is cuts every 4 - 5 weeks is mandatory). I couldn't find an opening at the salon I wanted to go to, so I went to what looked to be a reputable salon but knew nothing about. BAD idea. (I always rely on a recommend now.) Let's just say that super short hair cut badly is HORRIBLE. Anyone seen that old Spielberg movie, "Empire of the Sun"? My hair looked like the little boy's hair at the end of his time in the Japanese prison camp. Then with all of the crying, hormones, out of proportion body parts from nursing, etc. :lol:, I was a basket case!!!! I wore a baseball cap for two weeks, and didn't get another haircut for 3 months.