Menu

Phonetic Zoo....how does this work? My 11yod needs help..

could someone please explain to me how this works? My understanding is that the child listens to the cd where they give the word, the child spells it on paper, they give the next word and so on, then at the end of the lesson the words are spelled back to the child.

Does the child then cross of missed words and write the correct spelling next to it?

Do they study the words before the next day?

My child would not write the corrections very quickly, does it give them enough time to do this?

Also, are they expected to get the entire list correct two times in a row, even if they only missed a few of the words on that list, before they move on to the next list?

My 11 yod needs help with spelling. i am wondering if this will help her.

thanks,

Tracy

You can customize it to your needs. My son used to pause the cd between every word so he'd have plenty of time to write the words. Now he doesn't need the extra time. While you are supposed to get the list correct twice in a row, we usually opt for only once because he rarely misses more than one word. All words on any list that are missed I also add to his personal spelling list which is every fifth lesson.

I love that my son can do it with minimal mom time.

Thank so for posting that link Michelle! That was very helpful. I have considered Phonetic Zoo for my low vision DD but really hate to spend the $$$ without a better understanding of what exactly it is. Flashcards with pictures of animals don't really do it for me. But that presentation has convinced me. Soooo, is anyone selling it on the Used Curriculum board? ;)

Thank so for posting that link Michelle! That was very helpful. I have considered Phonetic Zoo for my low vision DD but really hate to spend the $$$ without a better understanding of what exactly it is. Flashcards with pictures of animals don't really do it for me. But that presentation has convinced me. Soooo, is anyone selling it on the Used Curriculum board? ;)

I have it for sale :D