Menu

Anyone use Lentil Science?

It requires a tremendous amount of prep time, and it just didn't seem like it was going to be worth that time. I pictured my DS mainly dumping lentils all over the floor, not really learning anything.

Not the most useful review, but I wanted to warn you about the amount of prep time.

Michelle T

Initially, VERY labor intensive but fabulous once that's over..

I bought this last year for my (then) 1st and 3rd graders. Had I known what I would need to do to get it up and running, I probably wouldn't have bought it. And we would have missed out on so much. So I'm glad I didn't know (so, why am I telling you, I'm just now wondering...hmmm..) Anyhow, you have to copy EVERY page in the book and then cut LOTS of things out and then staple LOTS of things or write things on popsicle sticks or glue labels on LOTS of little jars and then cut more jars down to size and label some MORE things and then make file folders for every section with little pockets for every file and copy some more. And then some more. Have I mentioned the copying? Or the cutting? Or the stapling?

OK, but once that's over, it's so great. Really. I had to buy a couple of 3-drawer plasic roller containers to hold everything and then I keep the box of lentils on top. I keep it out in the dining room area and the kids can not walk by it without doing one of the "lessons". We have learned so much living math and science that it really astounds me sometimes how much fun it is and I whine to myself how I wish I had had something like this when I was their age (but with someone else doing the cutting...) But oh well.

So, there is my review. HTH. I would be happy to answer any other specific questions if you have any.

Debbie; who has a Principle Approach hs

sweet hubby of 12 years; ds 10 and dd 8and one spoiled stray mutt who insists on riding shotgun!