Menu

Is there a Christian Curriculum that is like Calvert??

Mommyfaithe

Or maybe I have the wrong idea. I think Calvert has a comprehensive Manual....not a TM, Teacher TM, Teacher this and that, But on main manual with workbooks and textbooks for the kiddoes. I am still going to be working over 40 hours a week next year and so I need a very comprehensive program for my dd who will be in 6th grade and possibly aone for my 2cnd grader.

Thanks,

Faithe

I second Covenant Home. We have used both Calvert and Covenant Home. The teacher's manual's are similar. However, there just is nothing like Calvert.

Covenant Home uses a lot of Bob Jones University which turned me off. I did like it for the K year that we used it and it was a very intense year of phonics and reading. I also liked their religious studies even in the primary years. Very solid. If you don't mind Bob Jones for Science and History, then this might just be what you are looking for!

Heart of Dakota has one manual and is Christian, but toally different than Calvert in that it uses living books and not textbooks and allows you to choose your own English, Math, etc.

CLE has a TM for each subject. I love CLE because I don't have to use every subject they offer. I prefer living history and science (HOD), so I use CLE Bible, Math, and Language Arts. It is wonderful!