Menu

Girl sleepover question...

My daughter's invited to her cousin's slumber party. My daughter is not a big fan of sleepovers, but she attends this one each year because it's her cousin and they are very close.

My problem is that it's a 50's theme and my sister wants to show Grease. I am completely opposed to my 10 year watching the movie (even though I saw it for the first time when I was 7 - gasp). I know that there's a lot of innuendos that would go over her head, but the message of s*xuality is so strewn throughout the movie!

Can anyone suggest another movie from the 50's that might be more appopriate for this age group that I could suggest? My sister asked me my opinion so rather than just saying I don't agree with her choice of films, I'd like to be able to suggest another. Suggestions?

I googled "Movies set in the 50s" and came up with this link

I am not sure if these are appropriate for a 10 year old but I remember liking October Sky, I LOVE Hoosiers, Madeline, and Dead Poet's Society (though I would expect DPS would not be appropriate.

How about a Happy Days marathon or the Andy Griffith Show marathon?

I googled "Movies set in the 50s" and came up with this link

I am not sure if these are appropriate for a 10 year old but I remember liking October Sky, I LOVE Hoosiers, Madeline, and Dead Poet's Society (though I would expect DPS would not be appropriate.

How about a Happy Days marathon or the Andy Griffith Show marathon?

My kids loved October Sky. You can see the trailer on Netflix. Happy Days and Andy Griffith would be great, too.