Menu

Must sees in Salt Lake City?

The Red Butte Gardens (up above the University of Utah) are very nice.

There is a living-history museum (Pioneer Village?). It's been a long time since we've been, but it was enjoyable.

For some reason, I thought they weren't doing tours of the Beehive House anymore, but I could be wrong.

The Red Butte Gardens (up above the University of Utah) are very nice.

There is a living-history museum (Pioneer Village?). It's been a long time since we've been, but it was enjoyable.

For some reason, I thought they weren't doing tours of the Beehive House anymore, but I could be wrong.

It's been a few years since we've gone, but I'm pretty sure there are still tours. Here's the site for details about things to see at Temple Square:

http://www.lds.org/placestovisit/region/0,10749,1776-1-1,00.html

Ok I am a native & grew up there. I just recently visited last month.

If you are into living history I would visit Temple Square and do the entire tour. Although it is religious, it is the story of the people and the pioneers. You can jump on Traks light rail 5 minutes, down to Gateway Shopping where there is a great children's museum and planetarium.

I would go to This is The Place State Park and do the tour. Again, historical and interesting. It is not to far from Temple Square and there is also a zoo across the street.

I would lunch at Brigham Young's Lion house near the Temple. The food is awesome and again very historical and significant.

If you are going South, the national parks rock!

Have fun!

When I was in collage, we would drive up to SLC and just wander around downtown, but you probably want more of an itinerary than that. It's been a while since I've been out there, but my favorite things do have been:

Go up on the roof of the LDS Church office building. It's 26(?) stories tall and you can see the entire valley. You have to do this on a weekday (during normal business hours)

Tour the Conference Center just North of Temple Square. I especially liked how they have gardens planted on the roof.

If you decide to go to Park City, don't miss seeing the ski jump that they built for the Olympics (you'd never get me on one of those things--and I was an avid skier when I lived in UT).

You've gotten a bunch of great suggestions! Here's another:

In Park City, not far from SLC, there is the Alpine Slide. It is a BLAST, and totally worth the money. (You can do a search on YouTube for Park City Alpine Slide and watch it ahead of time!)