Menu

how can a person tactffully...

Do you speak with her often? If not, then I'd just write a polite note and put it in her mailbox.

"Hi Mary,

it's Jane next door. We're planning on having some outdoor family time when the good weather warms up a bit more. Could we kindly ask that Odie's poop be cleared away? I realize it is your backyard, but the doggy aroma does travel well. :001_smile: Thank you Mary, we do appreciate your willingness to pick the crap up... oops, just lost it on that last part :lol: ok ok, so my writer's mind has gone! Anyhow, that's what I would do... but only when the words are appropriate LOL!

Do you have a child that wants to earn some extra money...? Ewww. Atleast if you do, that's a nice way---You could say, my ds was looking for a way to earn some money. Would you be willing to pay my son $xyz to pick up the doggy poop?

Just a suggestion. Probably no kid out there wants money that bad!!!!! :-)

I wouldn't do the note for a next door neighbor, though the example was written very nicely.

Talking with her face-to-face is hard, but it's much easier to handle (being a recipient) than a note in a mailbox.

I've had to speak to a neighbor about it, and it WAS hard. Things were a bit tense between us for a bit, but if you work to keep things friendly and light it shouldn't be too bad.

Plan B: Plant VERY odiforous flowers along the fence, maybe lilacs? :)

Ugh!! We've had to do that before. I went over with a smile and a big plate of cookies. I also had the card of a cheap pooper scooper service. If you handle it very nicely and maybe just blame it on an oversensitive nose (that was my excuse) it should go alright. Plus, I noticed right away when they had picked it up and went over with a coffee cake to thank them. (Yes, I do try to bribe my neighbors.)

Good luck!!

I've been wondering the same thing. We just moved in last week and the neighbors let their 4 dogs go in our side yard instead of using their own backyard. They just let them go and don't bother to pick it up even as I've watched them stand there and watch their dogs go. They are doing it on purpose, they can't say that they don't know that their dogs are going in our yard. Ugh!