Menu

Kindle users HELP!

Help me make up my mind to purchase one of these!!

I love to read but don't, because either my library doesn't have it in or I just don't take the time out to read.

Dd likes to read and really wants me to purchase this so she can use it every once in a while.

Dh doesn't mind because he and the boys just purchased a X-box 360 and didn't blink an eye!

I try my best to keep that in mind when I go to hit the confirm button.:001_smile: It is so hard to hit that confirm order button!!!!!

I am not one to purchase items for myself. I know I deserve it and I really do want it, but it is so hard to spend that $$$.

I told dh that I could use it for dc for school and he said yeap! Thing is I looked on Amazon and tried to find the books they will need for Sonlight next year and 99% of them are not offered..yet!

HELP!!!

My dh and dc along with my sister told me to treat myself to a Kindle. We have the money, and I love to read so I gave in and got Kindle2. My dh uses it as much as I do because we now get the New York Times everyday on it. My dh reads it before & after work. I read mostly books on it but do read NYT too. Many of the Ambleside Online books are available for free. I like to read aloud taking turns with my 12yob and Kindle/computer with a book works for that. I still read books and use the library heavily but the Kindle is a great tool especially for FAT books (Pillars of the Earth, The Count of Monte Cristo). I like to read but with Kindle I can switch to read aloud mode and listen while I cook or drive. I still use my ipod and my Audible subscription but I can listen to Audible books on the Kindle too.

Go for it! :D

Edited by MIch elle

My dh got one, and he complained that I was using it so much that he never got a turn. Then he took it with him to Iraq, (which is why we got it in the first place) and I miss it! However, mother's day is coming up, and my dh already told me that's what I'm getting! :D

Help me make up my mind to purchase one of these!!

I love to read but don't, because either my library doesn't have it in or I just don't take the time out to read.

Dd likes to read and really wants me to purchase this so she can use it every once in a while.

Dh doesn't mind because he and the boys just purchased a X-box 360 and didn't blink an eye!

I try my best to keep that in mind when I go to hit the confirm button.:001_smile: It is so hard to hit that confirm order button!!!!!

I am not one to purchase items for myself. I know I deserve it and I really do want it, but it is so hard to spend that $$$.

I told dh that I could use it for dc for school and he said yeap! Thing is I looked on Amazon and tried to find the books they will need for Sonlight next year and 99% of them are not offered..yet!

HELP!!!

Just an FYI -- I have the (free) Kindle app on my iPod touch. It's a fully functional Kindle. A bit smaller, but my older eyes don't have a problem finding a font that's quick, easy, and enjoyable to read.

That way, I pay much less, I have all the goodies of an iPod touch (oooh!), and I still get the joys of having a Kindle.

I love it, love it, love it!!!! One of the top 3 best things my sweetheart has ever bought me. I still dearly and passionately love my books but I'm really enjoying my Kindle. We are out of town this weekend and I brought about 50 books with me! LOL It's heaven and well worth it.

Now I need to learn how to download things not on Amazon.

P.S. There are practically no books available for kids or much for school stuff. Susan's Ancient World is available and in my Kindle right now. :) Come on WTM and WEM!!