Menu

Ddalmost2 just climbed up on the toilet all by herself

I thought you were going to say that she fell IN! That would have been either funny or terribly dangerous! I guess you'll have to be careful around the potty now, since I suppose she COULD fall in. Ugh, toddlerhood can be fun and scarey all in one!

Congrats on being out of the loop! (I have a newly turned 2yo who's going to get SHOVED into the potty training loop this summer! hee hee!)

:-)

:lol: My second one did that too. WHAT a relief! Especially now that I know her personality better. PTing her would have been...well, let's just say I;m supremely grateful not to have had to fight that battle :001_huh:

Was it you who posted at one point that your little one was showing signs of wanting to learn but you just didn't feel up to the training? If it was, you just got so lucky :lol:

:lol: My second one did that too. WHAT a relief! Especially now that I know her personality better. PTing her would have been...well, let's just say I;m supremely grateful not to have had to fight that battle :001_huh:

Was it you who posted at one point that your little one was showing signs of wanting to learn but you just didn't feel up to the training? If it was, you just got so lucky :lol:

Yup, that was me. And I think mine's got the same personality as yours. I mean, it's looking that way. So, yeah, I'm glad she decided she was going to potty train. Because what she decides? That's all that really matters in her world! LOL--she's really very sweet. Just...driven.

DD cut me out of the loop too lol I ended up buying 3 potty's from IKEA for less than $2 each so they are scattered around the house. She pulls her pants down, or asks for help if she can't. She sits and does her business then yells "ticker!" because I give her a sticker if she goes in the potty. She helps put a new diaper and her pants back on and asks to wash her hands. It seems weird to me, my other kids were 4, 3, 3.5 respectively before potty training, dd is 18 months.

75% of the time she uses her diapers of course then asks to be changed, so we have a long way to go but it is a start.

I am seeing she is a very independent child with a strong will, she had a 30 minute tantrum today because I wouldn't let her go outside in nothing but a coat and sneakers (otherwise nekkid). She insisted on having a knife for her pancakes like the big kids (I gave her a seasonal themed butter spreader to use), wants her own school work, tries to dress herself and does her boots by herself. I am not ready for another uber independent strong willed child, I have 2 of them already and they exhaust me.