Menu

Grammar/diagramming that uses pictures?

I saw something on this board once and now I can't find it again. I believe it was a yellow book and there were various pictures used to designate the parts of a sentence. I thought it might have the word "easy" in it but I can't remember. Anyone know what that was. The one who posted about it said it was a great program, but that they didn't market their site well and could be hard to find.

TIA

Well, that is a really neat link, but not quite what I was looking for. I am pretty sure it was a yellow book and they had little pictures that labeled parts of the sentence. I was thinking there was a picture of a vice maybe? It was a curriculum for very visual learners.

Anyone else have any ideas? I know I saw it first here, but can't remember where.

Please?

I know I saw it here. Someone said the lady didn't market her curriculum very well (to this I can attest after a LONG search) , but that is was a great alternative to diagramming. I have been searching for hours.:confused:

Yellow book, used little pictures to label things. Maybe the word "mechanic" was in it? I remember a picture of a vice.

I have been searching for things it might be since it doesn't ring a bell. Here is some that I came up with maybe one if right, or maybe they help you remember the actual program

The Humpties which uses egg shaped characters

Grammar with a giggle ?

If something else pops up I will let you know

Just so you know you aren't crazy, I remember the same thing. It wasn't that long ago and I can't remember anything about it to save my life, or to help you. Sorry.

Thanks! I needed that. I can be like a dog on a bone when I am looking for something and I was beginning to think I had imagined it. :001_smile:

I am trying to find something fairly fun for grammar. We do it in seasons and one is scheduled for this summer-- my own scheduling OCD is coming out.

I thought I had save the link, but I can't find it.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

You are talking about the Humpties Grammar.

http://www.lamppostpublishing.com/languagegrammarpage2.htm#The_Humpties_~_Builder_Books

I have used Humpties to teach parts of speech and loved it. I had accidentally stumbled onto that book and when we were finished, I was bummed that we couldn't go on. I didn't know that there were other Humpties books!

They are a little hard to find, but I hope the link above will help in your quest. I'd love to hear about your experience if you opt to use them.