Menu

I think my kiddo has the chicken pox. :(

:grouphug: Sorry, chicken pox can really make kids miserable.

I was glad all my dc had it young, though. My best friend was pregnant when my dc had it, and they gave it to her and all five of her children. Having it as a child is nothing compared to having it as an adult.

All three of mine had 1 of the vaccines, and all three ended up with cp. They never had a fever or sore throat either. One of them was itchy and felt bad, but the other two never even noticed that they had them. We only figured out what they had because we took them to the doc for something unrelated.

Hopefully this passes quickly without incident.

Ohh...and pregnant too. EEK!

I had a mild case as a child. I really don't want it again - but surely I won't get it ....AGAIN.

So, out of curiousity, how long before we can go back to co-op with my older son. I mean, if the little one has CP, then of course, we will wait until his blisters are healed, etc. But, with the older one, do I need to wait a few weeks since he has been "exposed," or should I just go ahead and take him unless he too breaks out in blister?

I thought my son had chicken pox once, it turned out to be hives! After three days, the "pox" on his ankles started turning black, like a bruise. That is what clued me in! He has gotten the same reaction many times since. The doc says he has an allergic reaction to viruses! :confused:

Oh my! That is totally bizarre! This doesn't "look" like hives, but it could be, I suppose.

From what I have been told, he would have also been contagious two days before he broke out.

Oh pooh! :( My little guy never got sick (with the sore throat/virus type thing). Wonder if it is still true for him. Sounds like we need to be out of "group" activities for awhile then...at least until we know ds9 hasn't gotten it to. Hmmm...maybe his hs friends are like ya'll and want it. LOL

We used to have "pox parties" when I was a kid. Our mom's would throw us all together and let the germs do the rest. :glare:

My kids both caught the chicken pox after having had the vaccine. Their cases were so mild, I don't recall them complaining at all. I called the pediatricianand the nurse met my daughter and me outside the building to verify that they did indeed have the chicken pox. No office charge.

I am so glad they had been given the vaccine. My daughter at the time couldn't control the urge to scratch anything that itched. She would scratch mosquito bites to the extent that she would cause them to be open sores for weeks. No anti-itch medicine would help. If she would have had a full blown case of the chicken pox, I hate to think of the scarring that would have resulted.

Sue