Menu

Anyone use Paula's Choice products that did NOT like them?

I am comparing Paula's Choice with Skinceuticals (what my derm recommends.) For similar sizes of the three basic products (cleanser, toner, and moisturizer) the price is $43 for Paula's vs. $112 for Skinceuticals. On the other hand, if Skinceuticals is really that much better I'd pay for it but I'd sure rather not. Just wondered if Paula's did not work for some here.

If they do, they have...shall we say, an interest in you using that. The mark-up is significant. My Gyn's office has gone "spa" and sells it too, and she confessed that it's a good business line for them.

Paula's Choice is truly the only brand that works with my roseaca and allergies. I even tried various types of mineral makeup including the European brands that are supposed to be better for people like me, and no go. I'm almost clear with Paula's Choice and pay less.

I am comparing Paula's Choice with Skinceuticals (what my derm recommends.) For similar sizes of the three basic products (cleanser, toner, and moisturizer) the price is $43 for Paula's vs. $112 for Skinceuticals. On the other hand, if Skinceuticals is really that much better I'd pay for it but I'd sure rather not. Just wondered if Paula's did not work for some here.

I tried using Paula's Choice because I wanted to save money. I got the 5 step program as well as some other things. I just tried the samples. I didn't care for it. I really wanted to but it didn't make my skin feel good or look good. I also didn' like the way the products felt going on.

I am using Patricia Wexler's line from Bath and Body Works and that is costing me a pretty penny.

I wasn't impressed with Paula's Choice products, either. I really wanted to like them, because they were fairly inexpensive, but a few of the items I tried broke my face out, and the others seemed to do absolutely nothing.

I don't know if they still do this, but Paula's Choice used to be wonderful about sending free samples so you could try the products before making a purchase. If you wait until a holiday weekend to order, they often offer free shipping on your purchases, so it may be worth waiting until Easter weekend to order, in case they run the special.

One last thing -- I tried the products when they were first launched (years ago!) so the formulations may be dramatically different now than they were when I tried them

Cat