Menu

Anyone here good with Photoshop?

I just bought it and hadn't even thought of making DD's graduation announcement with it! I'm so glad you posted this. I'd sure love any ideas you have for this. I was just going to order them but would prefer to do this. I did get two book recommendations from people I know who use Photoshop but the books themselves seem intimidating!

I just bought it and hadn't even thought of making DD's graduation announcement with it! I'm so glad you posted this. I'd sure love any ideas you have for this.

You can go to shutterfly.com and upload pics to make anouncements. There are lots of other places, but there and naptimecards.com are more in my price range. I know you could make your own template, but I am not going there right now!

191-2.jpg

What would you do to this besides getting rid of the shoe?

I'm taking a class in this right now! It's quite a program. :) I don't know if I can help--?

You're probably learning about the higher end programs, mine is just the Elements.

What would you do to this besides getting rid of the shoe?

You're probably learning about the higher end programs, mine is just the Elements.

Nope--it's Elements. I'd fill grass into the top of the photo, eliminating the glare of whatever it is at the top. I'd bring out the color and lighting on her face.

I'm not good with Photoshop. I use Picassa a lot, but I'm just getting started with Photoshop --I'm taking the class because I just can't get the photos to do what I want. I'm hoping to learn!!!

It's a very attractive photo!

Jean

Thank you.

See I tried using the clone stamp tool to fill in grass at the top and it did not work at all. I clicked on the tool, hit the alt key and clicked what I wanted to copy and it painted some light green smudges at the top. I tried watching a video, but it was for 6 and I have 7. I know I am making it complicated somehow.

The photo is excellent... great focus and color. I decided to open it in photoshop and used a couple actions on it. Pioneer Woman's Bring on the Eyes (free download) to brighten them a little. (She has stunning eyes!) I actually don't remember what else I did (not much) before opening it in picnik (an amazing *free* online editing program which is a million times easier to use than photoshop) where I rotated/cropped, cloned out the foot, and added a border and text. (ETA: Oh, I think I warmed up the colors on her face, too.)

If you are interested in sending me the original file, I'd be glad to work on it again. If not, that's okay, too. :)

Edited by Heidi @ Mt Hope
added a step