Menu

Help! My (almost) 2dd climbed out of the crib!

I wish I could help you with this, but we just went through it with my recently turned 2 ds, and he's now in a toddler bed. He's a monkey too, and for us, transitioning was our best option. Now, we have to figure out how to keep him in it since he falls out multiple times a night because he moves around so much! Thankfully, it's really low to the floor!

Good luck! :)

I used to use one of those safety nets with one of mine who climbed out of the crib at 18 months. I found it at a second-hand store so bought it to try it out--it looked kind of like a tent on top of the crib--but with netting that you could open by zipping. At first I felt weird like I was putting him in a cage--but I really needed to know that he was safe in that crib for a little bit longer.

My 2 year old started climbing out of his crib at about 20 months. There really was no keeping him in there. As for training him to stay in there, we certainly tried. We didn't have this problem with his older siblings. They all stayed in bed at night. We decided to switch him to the toddler bed because we didn't want him to get hurt (and at the time I was pregnant so we knew we'd have to move him to the toddler bed soon so that the new baby could have the crib. It just happened a little ahead of schedule!)

So, my advice is to go ahead and switch to a toddler bed.

Well, I just converted the crib to a toddler bed. She crawled out again after her nap. We put her in to try and see how she was doing it, and it was pretty scary to watch. I can't believe she has not hurt herself. She didn't even cry or call me when she got out.

Should be an interesting night, with dh gone and thunderstorms in the forecast :(