Menu

Help please...most of you have (or intend to) use a "mom" diploma?

No one ever asks to see a diploma. I've never had to show my high school or college diploma to anyone. Neither will my children I imagine.

On the other hand they have had to send their high school transcripts to places. No problem. The homemade variety has been accepted everywhere we've needed one. There are plenty of free transcript templates available online.

Here's the template that I started with: http://www.covenant.edu/pdf/admissions/trad/homeschool/Transcript.rtf

Jan

Guest Katia
No one ever asks to see a diploma. I've never had to show my high school or college diploma to anyone. Neither will my children I imagine.

On the other hand they have had to send their high school transcripts to places. No problem. The homemade variety has been accepted everywhere we've needed one. There are plenty of free transcript templates available online.

Here's the template that I started with: http://www.covenant.edu/pdf/admissions/trad/homeschool/Transcript.rtf

Jan

:iagree:

What she said!

:001_huh:

My daughter is graduating this June and this had not even occurred to me!

Does she need one?

Truth be told, I did not make one for either of my dds. Neither has ever had to show one. They have been asked if they graduated ("yes" is the correct answer), but they haven't had to show a diploma.

However, a friend's ds had to *show* his diploma when he applied for a job with...McDonald's. In Hawaii.:confused:

No one ever asks to see a diploma.

It REALLY depends what field you are going into. SOME do ask. Of course, once you have college under your belt, they are more interested in that than high school anyway.

However, yes, we did a "mom diploma" for dd and will for ds. Homeschooling is well known for being academically acceptable generally speaking. I'm not concerned at all.

I certainly wouldn't sacrifice my children's education to get someone else's diploma if the diploma itself was the main concern. The drawbacks of that are considerably worse than the risk an employer or potential employer ever will not like a homeschool diploma.

Jan

:iagree: Except I used a transcript that Jean in Wisc shared. I did give my oldest 3 a diploma but they haven't had to show it. The first I used one from HSLDA and for the second two I ordered from www.homeschooldiploma.com

I ordered my dd a beautiful diploma with a case from homeschooldiplomas.com and was very pleased. I spent a bundle (a little less than $100), but it's gorgeous. With a "highest honors" gold label, and our high school engraved on the cover.

Now, she received it in our living room while barefooted (!), but I'm still glad she got a doozy of a certificate. She worked diligently for six years for us...and deserved a doozy. :)