Menu

Real Science 4 Kids Which one?

tabd22

Wow! RS4K looks great!

I have rising 3rd and 5th graders. I want to use something different for each of them.

I am thinking about going with Pre-Biology and Physics Level 1.

Is that a good place to start? Any opinoins on which to use first.

This year we started with Apologia Swimming Creatures and decided it wasn't for us. Now we are using Living Books and studying whatever they are interested in.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Thank you for your replies.

Jen-What did you not like about it?

The Chem 1 does look good. Maybe I will do it with both. By looking at the samples, I think my soon to be 3rd dd could handle the material.

I didn't like the price (text, teacher's manual and lab book) and that I've had to supplement so much. Ten chapters with ten activities/experiments. Some of the chapters left us wanting much more information--which is fine, but just means more work for me to find additional resources. I'd use it again with my youngest when he's older.

I think the Chem1 book would be fine for a 3rd and 5th grader.

The author is a chemist, and the Chemistry books are the strength of the program. I really enjoyed doing the Pre-Level 1 Chem with 2nd/3rd graders and our coop is doing the Level 1 Chem with 4th/5th graders this year, along with the history KOG.

I own the level 1 Physics and Biology, but am not as impressed with them, especially the Biology.