Menu

Kindle App for the iPhone/iPod Touch

Just got this today. I think it looks great. I have no problem reading on my iPhone. It's easy to hold, I can adjust text size, etc.. I've read a couple books from the iTunes App store on the iPhone.

I'm really happy with this. There was just no way I was going to be able to get a Kindle anytime in the near future.

:-)

Val

I saw a commercial for apps on iPhones somewhere a couple of days ago and noticed one that had a picture of books and the word "Classics" under it. Later I searched for it on my phone and found it. It has Huckleberry Finn, Christmas Carol, Alice in Wonderland, Call of the Wild, Robinson Crusoe, The Jungle Book, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Paradise Lost, The Time Machine, Gulliver's Travels, The Metamorphosis, Flatland, Pride and Prejudice, The Count of Monte Crisco, Treasure Island, Dracula, Frankenstein, and The Hound of the Baskervilles all in it. It was only $2.99 for all the books. It's an easy to read page, has a clever, simple bookmark and holds my place in multiple books. I'm very happy with it since I'm actually reading Huckleberry Finn right now anyway.

I'm going to check out this other one later for my next book. Reading on my iPhone is actually very easy. I'm surprised.

You can find Bulfinch's Mythology in the Kindle Store for free or very inexpensively. Do a search in the Kindle Store and then sort the results by price. It's a book in the public domain that apparently a number of people have converted to Kindle format, at various price points.

You might also be interested in the Jane Austen app that contains ALL of Jane's novels for 99 cents!! It's a cool scrolling app; I love it.

Wendi

That's made by BeamItDown Software. I love their stuff. I have many of their titles. The scrolling feature is very cool. Also love the fact that I can set the background color, text size, font & font color.

:-)

Val