Menu

Question about returning something to Target.......

I bought a purse at Target on 1/31/09. Yesterday I noticed that the handle is coming apart from the purse. My thought is that I should be able to take it back for a new one or a refund. It has only been a month and I don't go out every day so it probably has only been used (at most) about half that time.

I found my receipt and the back says " All returns & exchanges must be new, unused and have original packaging and accessories. Some items connot be returned if opened. A receipt dated within 90 days is required for ALL returns and exchanges. ID may be required."

Are they not going to take this back because it is used?? Has anyone ever taken something back to Target after it had been used?

I haven't taken anything back to Target but I used to work as a retail manager and I had to deal with returns frequently.

It sounds like a manufacturing fault to me. I don't know what the laws are where you are but where I was legally we didn't have to take it back after 14 days for a manufacturing fault (ie it had been used). That said, I would probably have taken it back and offered you a replacement had it been me. I might have tried to convince you to let me send it off and have it fixed but I would probably have taken it back and given you a new one if you didn't want that option.

HTH

I bought a purse at Target on 1/31/09. Yesterday I noticed that the handle is coming apart from the purse. My thought is that I should be able to take it back for a new one or a refund. It has only been a month and I don't go out every day so it probably has only been used (at most) about half that time.

I found my receipt and the back says " All returns & exchanges must be new, unused and have original packaging and accessories. Some items connot be returned if opened. A receipt dated within 90 days is required for ALL returns and exchanges. ID may be required."

Are they not going to take this back because it is used?? Has anyone ever taken something back to Target after it had been used?

I think they will give you a refund or exchange since you have your receipt. They are usually pretty reasonable as long as you have your receipt. It sounds like a defective item.

At Christmas time my hand mixer broke, and I bought a new one at Target. The first time I used the dough hooks they broke. I called Target, and they said that I could return it any time in the 90 days as long as I had the receipt. It was simple and painless.

I recently returned something that was opened and obviously used to Target. I had my receipt. It took 30 seconds tops. They scanned the receipt scanned the packaging which was in a heap and not connected to the item and gave me a full cash refund. They didn't ask to see ID or anything. It was extremely quick and painless.

I wouldn't worry. I would return it.