Menu

S/O of inappropriate school thread.

I'm pretty sure that my friends and I would have giggled like mad. When we were in junior high, everything was just terribly funny to us. I can't even imagine being in a serious situation and handling it appropriately.

One thing that doesn't work with me in this scenario is that it was their own teachers who supposedly tied them up. How could they feel the fear that real captives would have felt when they (the students) were in the hands of their own teachers. Wouldn't that in itself have made it funny instead of scary?

Now if they had big, angry men, who spoke a different language and perhaps were of a different race, come in with apparently real weapons and willing to smack the kids around, well that would have changed the entire scenario. (Yikes!)

But my own goofy teachers who I alternately loved and mocked, and who I had known since childhood, and whose children I often babysat....who could take them seriously (as captors)?

And let's say the teachers did succeed in scaring the children....wouldn't that ruin their relationship with the children for the remainder of junior high? I mean, suppose you were in a near-assault, near-rape, near-kidnapping situation, and you were truly scared. Then you had your assaulter as your junior high teacher? No. It just couldn't work.

Unless this was a truly terrifying situation, I'm afraid my junior high self, and my junior high friends would have laughed (perhaps inappropriately) until our stomachs hurt.

Anybody know where the thread went?

sure it's possible...

but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't either...

when I think of all the things I didn't even think to tell adults when I was a kid...

yikes.

and it has nothing to do with kids trusting their parents or feeling free to speak up either.

kids just have a very different perspective on what is worthy of worry than adults.

to a kid if they lived through it and no blood was shed (heck I wouldn't have even noticed the blood loss!) then it's not worthy of making a fuss over. Just another day in the rat race...

I think either the OP made it up or her daughter did. :001_rolleyes: Otherwise I think the OP would have gone to the authorities.

I think either the OP made it up or her daughter did. :001_rolleyes: Otherwise I think the OP would have gone to the authorities.

I had a LOT of questions after the initial post. (I did ask them) The OP's lack of action only made me doubt more, as does her lack of an update today. I don't know if she made it up, though, or if the daughter did. Or maybe something happened at school and the dd embellished a bit when she told it to mom? I don't know.

I have a hard time imagining an entire school shut down for this event. One teacher acting on his own? Sure. The entire middle school being chased by teachers and tied up? Not so much.

But, I sure am looking forward to hearing what the principal had to say!