Menu

I need a clean, safe, cheap place to stay in the Pacific Northwest for three weeks.

This is the one spot in my plans that is not panning out. Everything is so expensive. Anyone have a space they want to rent out for a short while? I just need safe and clean. We would use it as a base to tool around ang get to know the area. Recommendations for less-expensive towns, sites, free/interestings things to do appreciated. Thanks.:001_smile:

Washington State + environs

Oregon + environs

Vancouver + environs

Montana + environs

Northern California + environs

But really, I am very flexible, and just need a base.

I could probably afford $150-200 a week.

Thanks.

one mom plus four children ages 11.6, 9, 6.6, and 3.6. The dc are very well-behaved and easy to have around.

We would be willing to camp in a cabin as long as it is safe.

We are also willing to stay with someone who would like some help around the house or farm.

I just need safe and clean.

One thing that came to mind was the possiblity of you finding a church retreat center. If you are members of any certain denomination, often there are campgrounds or retreat centers available to you that can be rented for low price -- especially if it is off season. Another resource you may check out is http://nwcheapsleeps.org/. I haven't used them to locate anything myself, but they do a lot of advertising here locally.

In the meantime, I will keep my eyes and ears open.

Blessings,

Lucinda

BTW, when I suggested retreat centers or campgrounds, I (of course) meant suitable space just for your family. I am a member of the Free Methodist Church for instance and would have access to use of a cabin at our conference's center or even a conference center in another state. The cost for this is very reasonable, so I'm wondering if it isn't one good option for you if you also have connections with a church. Some of these places also advertise to the public as well.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Yurt-camping is great. We've stayed in many yurts all over the northwest and always felt very safe. You get heat, a locking door, electricity, an enclosed space, sleeping for 5, a table and chairs. Campground bathrooms are usually very clean, and the showers are surprisingly nice. There's a campfire pit and picnic table outside. We love it.