Menu

Could you help me please, how many finger sandwhiches

do I need for 50 people. I am using ten large loafs cut a cross to make it easier. I am making egg salad, cream cheese with cucumber, cream cheese with asparagus and ham with Swiss cheese sands. We will also have two large veggie platters, cheese and salami and assortment of cakes. Am I missing anything? This is for my grandmother’s memorial. I am doing it on my own because my uncles asked me to at the last minute. It has been so long since I have done anything for such a large gathering. It will be in the later afternoon from 2:30 to 5:30. Is this enough food?

PS...what do you do for asparagus and cream cheese sandwiches? This sounds really yummy. I wanna make some yummy finger foods for tomorrow. They do snacks at the church we're kinda going to....and I think that some of this would be really fun to make instead of just cookies and junk food.

Carrie:-)

do I need for 50 people. I am using ten large loafs cut a cross to make it easier. I am making egg salad, cream cheese with cucumber, cream cheese with asparagus and ham with Swiss cheese sands. We will also have two large veggie platters, cheese and salami and assortment of cakes. Am I missing anything? This is for my grandmother’s memorial. I am doing it on my own because my uncles asked me to at the last minute. It has been so long since I have done anything for such a large gathering. It will be in the later afternoon from 2:30 to 5:30. Is this enough food?

Will it be just adults or will children attend too?? You might want to have some fruit options (grapes, apples sliced and then washed with a light lemon juice solution, tangerines)

I don't know what my offspring would do with an asparagus sandwich, but I could easily hold them off with apples and grapes.

:grouphug: Sorry about your grandma.

As for the kids, maybe you could do a pb & j set of sandwiches?

And in my dysfunctional family of Irish/Polish decent, it wouldn't be a funeral breakfast without beer. But your memorial doesn't sound like that type of situation.

I have to say, that with so many allergy problems, it makes it really nice for our family, if there's no peanut butter. Otherwise, my daughter can't eat any of it due to possible cross contamination. So, she has to watch while everyone else eats things...and she gets stuck with something out of my purse. Since it's such a high allergy, it's just something to think about.

I have to say, that with so many allergy problems, it makes it really nice for our family, if there's no peanut butter. Otherwise, my daughter can't eat any of it due to possible cross contamination. So, she has to watch while everyone else eats things...and she gets stuck with something out of my purse. Since it's such a high allergy, it's just something to think about.

That's true.

What else do you think might be kid-friendly?

Have you heard of sugar and butter sandwiches? My mom made these a few times when we were little.

I'm sure my kids would go for sugar and butter sandwiches. I've made butter and jam sandwiches. I also have made Sunbutter and jam sandwiches. My daughter won't eat them because they smell like peanut butter...but they are safe for her to be around.

AND, if you take all the time to be nut-free....then by all means, think about mentioning it....(but everyone is scared of legal problems...so...)