Menu

I am in shock, our neighbor died in a car accident last weekend...

To start, we knew them, kind of like over the fence neighbors, nice conversations from our own yard, very friendly, could stand and chat for a half an hour at a time, what not. Sunday, I got the paper, noticed an accident on I-65 Saturday on the front page, skimmed the article, didn't recognize the names, so I didn't read the full article. Monday and Tuesday I noticed there were cars at the neighbors, which was odd for during the week because they both worked full time, but I thought it was very odd and kept thinking that all week. Finally Wednesday I just happened to be outside and saw her husband leave in a suit and noticed her car was not in the garage and just told dh that something was wrong. So I looked it up online and sure enough, she and her friend were the two that were killed, her husband was in the passenger seat and her friends fiance was in the passenger rear seat. I didn't recognize the name because it was her maiden name in the paper (think she must have used it professionally) Anyway, the funeral was yesterday, I sent a sympathy card and told another neighbor, and he didn't know either.

Ok, I'm not trying to be insenstive here, but I am seriously wondering, will the husband stay in the house now? or will he move? They were 29, no kids, he's not origanally from here and works as a service manager for CarNation, so I have no idea how he is financially off, I'm guessing she had life insurance, she had a decent job. When my cousin was killed 5 years ago, his finance wouldn't even stay in the house that they lived in together. She took all of her stuff, moved out, and that was that.(my aunt was left to deal with things) So how do younger people handle these things? I mean, older people that lose their spouses, usually remain where they have memories, what not, but if you know someone that was widowed early on, did they remain in their first house, or move to try and start over.

If anyone is of the praying kind. His name was Jeff, I do know know where they stood in their faith.

Thanks,

Phlox

That is awful. I'm so sorry.

I have a friend whose husband killed himself on their back porch, right outside their three-year-old's room. He had problems with alcohol and mental illness. When she found him, she scooped up her son, went to the neighbor's and never went back in that house.

As far as your neighbor is concerned, though, men grieve very differently than women do. Do no be surprised if he behaves strangely for a while.

That's sure hard.

I will pray for him. I can't imagine. It just goes to show you that the small things in life are not worth stressing over and that we need to live every day to the fullest.

My best friend's nephew (age 29) just died last week of a massive heart attack. His wife, who is two months pregnant with their first, had to give him CPR until rescue arrived.

I am off to hug my husband now. I am sorry for the loss of your neighbor but thankful for the reminder (as sad of a vehicle as it may be) to cherish every moment of life and with those you love.

Blessings,

Lisa