Menu

Sea World - Orlando & Walt Disney World

Sea World -

Am I better off buying tickets online ahead of time for this at $64/ticket plus second day free or will I find better deals when I get to Orlando? If anyone knows where I can get a promo code, I would be grateful for it.

Disney - Again, is there anywhere to buy tickets ahead of time where I can get a discount?

Thanks!

Lisa

Edited by LisaTheresa

At $64, that's cheaper than any discount place that I know of and SeaWorld always gives a second day free.

You can get discount Disney tickets just about anywhere in Orlando on International Drive, but you have to be careful. There are reports now and again of rip-off artists selling bogus tickets that leave buyers high and dry. :(

If you sign up for a Southwest Rewards card, you can get 20% off SeaWorld tickets--at least you could when we went in Sept.

Undercover Tourist sells Disney tickets at a slight discount--nowhere discounts them very much, but you can save a few bucks over buying them at the gate (or online from Disney) that way.

Are you sure you want to go to Sea World? We looked at it online and all four of my guys vetoed it immediately in favor of an extra day at Disney. I"m glad we looked online before just going, because we all would have been quite disappointed.

Ria

Thanks, I guess I'll go ahead and order our SeaWorld tickets online ahead of time and I'll just wait until we get down there for the Disney ones.

Ria, we've been before and SeaWorld was one of our best days last time. I can't remember why, but I do remember that day just feeling more manageable and relaxing. My Mom is trying to talk me out of going to Epcot because when she took us 30 years ago, she said we all thought it was boring, but I hope she's wrong because I'm looking forward to that more than the Magic Kingdom.

Lisa

I've spent this weekend wondering the same thing! We're going to Sea World in San Diego this summer and tickets are $65 each! Dd has zero interest in Disneyland and is saving her birthday money for the swim with the dolphin thing they have there. Anyway, I have my CA friends keeping their eyes open for discounts. I hope we can find some!

Thanks, I guess I'll go ahead and order our SeaWorld tickets online ahead of time and I'll just wait until we get down there for the Disney ones.

Ria, we've been before and SeaWorld was one of our best days last time. I can't remember why, but I do remember that day just feeling more manageable and relaxing. My Mom is trying to talk me out of going to Epcot because when she took us 30 years ago, she said we all thought it was boring, but I hope she's wrong because I'm looking forward to that more than the Magic Kingdom.

Lisa

I'm glad you are looking forward to it. As for the Epcot thing, I understand. My boys think it's going to be boring. We were there right after 9/11, but most of my guys were really too young to appreciate Epcot then. I just ordered a Disney World guide book...I'm hoping that once they look through it they'll realize how much fun it will be. I'm looking forward to going there for sure.

Ria

I'm glad you are looking forward to it. As for the Epcot thing, I understand. My boys think it's going to be boring. We were there right after 9/11, but most of my guys were really too young to appreciate Epcot then. I just ordered a Disney World guide book...I'm hoping that once they look through it they'll realize how much fun it will be. I'm looking forward to going there for sure.

Just to reassure you both--my kids have been to Disney numerous times since they were babies. EPCOT has consistently been one of their favorite parks. We last went one year ago when they were 11, 7, and 4.

But then we like Sea World, too. It's not Disney, but on the off years when we don't get Disney passes, Sea World will do.

When we went, we (including my daughter) liked SeaWorld actually much more overall than Disney. Epcot was fun, but we let the grandparents take our daughter to Magic Kingdom by themselves. Now overall I am not at all an amusement park type person. I have zero interest in Magic Kingdom. If we go back (which is likely since the grandparents have a time share down there and like to go), I would like to see Animal Kingdom, maybe do Epcot again.

They have a new thing across from SeaWorld that looks interesting Aquatica

http://www.aquaticabyseaworld.com/Site/flash/homepage/Default.aspx You can get a combo ticket to this and SeaWorld.