Menu

Is anybody using El Espanol Facil?

buddhabelly

It is also known as "The Easy Spanish," but is better known as El Espanol Facil because that's what is on the cover.

I had it in my hands once (about two or three years ago) so I know the basic layout. I do have a few more questions for those of you that are using it now, or have used it recently.

How much grammar is there? Is it only the present tense or is the preterite introduced?

What I liked about it: I really liked that the child learns things she would actually want to say in real life. "It's your turn." I never in my life knew how to say that in Spanish! (It's more like "You are touched.")

What I didn't like about it: there were mistakes. But this was years ago, so I'm sure it has been fixed. Also, we are not Christian and there is quite a bit of Christian content. This is because it was developed with an eye for missionary families.

Thanks for anything you can tell me about it! We are thinking of going to Nicaragua, Spain or Guatemala next year. Yeah, I know that's like saying, "I think I'll have a tomato......or a pork chop. No, perhaps a souffle."

Julie

I am also considering this curriculum.

I watch her on line presentation and exchanged a few email.

She claim that my high school student would be able to take the clep after completing level 1 and 2 (level 2 will be released this year)

She answered my email very quickly. I am sure she would answere any question pretty quickly.

I would be interested to here from anyone who is actually using the curriculum.

I plan on using it for a couple of reason. I believe that the notebook approach with my sons and I all learning together would help build fluency. We are also surround by migrant Mexican workers and I really am curious about their conversations. :D

• 10 months later...