Menu

Really funny YouTube video. Female Drivers

Disclaimer- I did LOL at the video. But at the same time, it really bothers me that women are worse drivers than men (in general.)

I am a good driver, I park in my garage that has only 2" clearance on each side going through the garage door. I can back up into a parking space in one try. I know where the front, sides and back of the car are. I can parallel park. I can drive a stick. This didn't all come easily, I spent time learning to be a competent driver.

Why do you some women think it's OK to be a poor or even horrible driver? How do they justify taking their kids' lives into their hands every day when they are incompetent? WHY ARE THEY TALKING ON THE PHONE IF THEY ARE A POOR DRIVER TO BEGIN WITH!?!?!?!?

(Sorry about the yelling, this is a pet peeve of mine. Thanks for letting me vent.)

I showed my dd this video (dd has her permit), and told her this is why it's important to practice.

The video clip is being selective in just showing women. THey didn't catch all the accidents caused by men. (which are many more)

Men and women are just different. Women are more careful and cautious, for the most part, which is why they have lower insurance rates. Men, on the other hand, have a different and better depth perception. But, they tend to be more daring and arrogant as to their "skill" meaning more chance of accidents and higher rates. I know when I ride with my dh, I sit all tense when he parks our full size van or comes to a stop sign and doesn't brake when I think he should . I "see" that he's too close and going to hit the next car, but he "sees" it differently and does just fine. After learning of the perception difference, I was able to sit back and relax a little and take that into consideration when I drive.

Statistically, women are better drivers than men - fewer accidents per mile driven. This is based on insurance claims, though, and some speculate that women have more minor accidents that are not reported to insurance companies then men do. So perhaps women aren't better drivers than men, but are just less likely to have serious accidents than men are. This might be because men are more aggressive drivers, but I also wonder if it's partly the "scanning" thing that many men are said to be less adept at?

I was just speculating with DH, though, as to whether this will change over time. While I do see men talking on cell phones when driving, I see many more women doing it. I think maybe we will see that women having more and more serious accidents because of inattentive driving. Yeah, equal rights!

That is hilarious! The kids and I watch a couple of those, individually, when we all need a laugh. The woman who runs into the gate, and the one driving into the garage pit. The pit one has been cropped a little... if you look for that as an individual video you'll see the person guiding the car in begin to frantically wave his hands attempting to tell the driver "STOP". It's like something from a slapstick movie. Too funny!

Statistically, women are better drivers than men - fewer accidents per mile driven. This is based on insurance claims, though, and some speculate that women have more minor accidents that are not reported to insurance companies then men do.

I think women are worse drivers because they can't park well. Whenever I see a car parked crooked or over a line, it's always a woman. They just don't take the time to learn how to maneuver a car.

I find it frustrating when women act like there's nothing they can do about it. "I can't paralell park," "I can't back into a parking space." Learn how!

But I suppose these issues don't cause accidents.