Menu

Do you think wild primates should be allowed as pets?

Ria

I don't think a gun would protect my children who are playing outside with other children.

It seems like taking protection into our own hands would entail a barbed wire electric fence to keep the children inside of. It makes much more sense for the one who owns the animal to utilize such equipment, rather than every other home in the neighborhood.

And yeah... why didn't they sedate that animal ASAP?

This was my thought. By the time I got the gun, aimed and fired - praying that I didn't shoot my child accidentally - my child would be dead. I can't picture any scenario where I would be comfortable having my children in our yard while the neighbor has a wild primate in theirs. Even in a cage I would be worrying about it getting loose.

Janet

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police couldn't sedate him, but from what I've seen on the news the owner locked herself into her car once it attacked her friend. I guess she didn't have anything on hand.

The owner should have sedated him when he first escaped, IMO.

You know, we had a pit bull problem for awhile.

So, the kids don't need a gun, get them a large vehicle ;)

:thumbup:

After the dog came to my home, treed my cat and chased me into my home terrified for the 4th time (I'd called the cops, but they thought I was just hysterical, because it was a pit bull), I got my keys and got into my car. Granted, we had to get some body work done and my husband was not pleased with the damage I did to our lawn, but I took care of our wild animal problem without a gun.

This is perhaps the most sensible thing I've read all day.

The owner should have sedated him when he first escaped, IMO.

:thumbup:

The owners would never have had anything potent enough to sedate him quickly because that require controlled substances. They should have had proper restaint, like a caged area, in place and they didn't. They trusted an animal to act like a human and he didn't. That was their biggest mistake.

I'm all for levity. Let me know when you say something funny.;)

Maybe I should just pm all my thoughts to you before posting them. And then you can let me know whether I should even bother posting or not. ;)

Nah... that ain't gonna happen 'cuz I'm Officer Sleepy! smiley-char022.gif

police-car-004.gif Back on topic, ladies! This thread is straying too far from its original, well-reasoned intent. police-car-004.gif

The owners would never have had anything potent enough to sedate him quickly because that require controlled substances.

Someone is allowed to own a large, dangerous animal and not have access to sedatives for said animal? 10_1_11.gif

That has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

If they are not properly trained to use sedatives on a large animal then they should not own one.

Someone is allowed to own a large, dangerous animal and not have access to sedatives for said animal? 10_1_11.gif

That has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

If they are not properly trained to use sedatives on a large animal then they should not own one.

..which is why they should be prepared to SHOOT IT, which IS still legal [in the US], even w/o training.

This is perhaps the most sensible thing I've read all day.

It made me wonder why the woman didn't make herself and her car a target to get the ape off her friend. Granted, you run the risk of it actually getting into the car, but for pete's sake, IT'S A CAR. You can drive, you can run over, you can crash into the side of your house if you had too or a gate. I've never understood why people are so quick to relinquish what could easily be a very large, deadly weapon, or else not use it at all.