Menu

2/12 running/exercise check-in

Thursday's usually a break day for me. I think I'll go skiing tomorrow, though, so I swapped and did a short (3 mile) run today. I did something to my back and it is not happy. Not my usual chronic back pain, but a different muscle pain. I may spend more time in the lodge than on the slopes tomorrow.

Thursday's usually a break day for me. I think I'll go skiing tomorrow, though, so I swapped and did a short (3 mile) run today. I did something to my back and it is not happy. Not my usual chronic back pain, but a different muscle pain. I may spend more time in the lodge than on the slopes tomorrow.

Take it easy!! Does heat help?

Where is your back pain? I was having pain in my lower back for a long time. I never go to the doctor, but I actually did for that. Anyway, he told me to start exercising my stomach muscles and see if that worked first. After a month, I was nearly all better. It's been a few months now and my back is absolutely fine. Just a thought. :grouphug: Back pain is just so, well, painful.

I ran my 3 miles today. Was planning on just doing 30 minutes, slowly, but at the end of the 30 minutes I was really close to being at 3 miles so I just finished!

My race is Saturday morning and the forecast is calling for RAIN! UGH. What do I wear in the rain to race in? Help!

Great job!!! I LOVE running in the rain!! Wear a hat with a brim so the rain won't pelt you in the face. I don't even try to wear a rain jacket while running. It's WAY too hot. Give in and get wet and have a change of clothes ready when you finish!! Oh - and good luck!!!! Please report in with your results!

I got in a 1 hour walk/run.

Great job!!!

We were having wind gusts of up to 60 mph this morning and it was cold again. So, I did the Jillian Michaels Shred 2 (OUCH!) and then another cardio workout that I found on our cable. I think it was a total of 70 minutes. I'll be sore tomorrow!!!

I just went out and swam. I didn't care how slow I was. It was nice to just swim without trying to go fast. :) Then dh was talking to the guy in the lane next to us. He was telling dh to get a jammer suit. DH swims in just a regular men's suit. I'd been wondering.

Time Taken: 00:39:28

Total Distance: 1.00 mi.

Laps: 36

Burned: 274 (kcal)

Pace: 39:28 (avg)

Speed: 1.52 (mi/hr) (avg)