Menu

Southwest's New Jet Paint Job

Have you seen this?

http://startelegram.typepad.com/sky_talk/2009/02/the-sexiest-plane-in-america.html

Shamu was fun. The Texas flag glorious, but now its skin. Why do we always have to have somebody's skin on display?????? I, for one, am *t i r e d* of the female body being used to sell every darn thing.

Sheesh...

Where's the equal time scantily-clad Chippendale guy on the side of an airplane? :D

Do you think if someone showed up wearing a bikini she (or he) would be allowed on a flight?

We've already expressed our (negative) opinion to Southwest via phone.

I just called customer service and let them know I do not new look of their airplanes. I also informed them that this new look will definately be taken into consideration for future air travel. The customer service rep was very kind and told me that it was the right phone line to call and they were always looking for feedback. I have no idea if this is true or not, but he was polite.

Have you seen this?

http://startelegram.typepad.com/sky_talk/2009/02/the-sexiest-plane-in-america.html

Shamu was fun. The Texas flag glorious, but now its skin. Why do we always have to have somebody's skin on display?????? I, for one, am *t i r e d* of the female body being used to sell every darn thing.

Sheesh...

Where's the equal time scantily-clad Chippendale guy on the side of an airplane? :D

Do you think if someone showed up wearing a bikini she (or he) would be allowed on a flight?

We've already expressed our (negative) opinion to Southwest via phone.

There's a long history of exposed women on sailing ships, though. (What are they called? Figureheads? Mastheads?) Wasn't it supposed to assure a calm sea? From the time of the ancient Greeks, or something.

Do NYC buses still have scantily clad women pictured on them at times, or am I misremembering this?

Further research reveals (ahem, pun intended) that the paint job will only be on this one aircraft and only for about a month. I guess SI paid for it? How many magazines do you have to sell to pay for that?

The model will be around as a promotional stunt, too. I wonder if she will be dressed in a bikini? This particular aircraft will be flying from NYC to Las Vegas this month.

The model seemed all gushy about what a great opportunity this was for her. Blech.

I guess SI paid for it? How many magazines do you have to sell to pay for that?

The swimsuit issue is by far SI's best selling issue. I've read that the average sports-related issue sells around 90,000 copies at the newsstand, whereas the swimsuit issue sells over 1.5 million.

Those numbers are in addition to the 3 million or so subscribers.

That'll pay for a paint job.